1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GreySky, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Really

Hey @GreySky,

Do you have a semi fixed lunch hour? What about seeing if a couple of people would like to join you for a walk to break up the day? It’s an amazing stress reliever not to mention it makes the afternoon go faster. Especially if you slide your break time to later than noon. ;]

I’m not saying you’ll become fast friends with these walking buddies but friendly, human interaction can be quite rejuvenating and who knows? In the course of seemingly inconsequential chatting you might learn about something you’d like to get involved with.

2. GreySky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Believe me, if I could work less I would lol. It does make things harder, but not impossible. I'm sure I'll think of something when my head is clearer. It's getting there.

Damn I wish I had a lunch hour! I just eat what I can when I have 5 or 10 minutes free. I work on my own so there's no one else to cover breaks and stuff.

3. Really

Hmm. Do you work for yourself or for a company? Aren't you legally entitled to a lunch break? You need to take what's yours. If they aren't paying you for all the extra time you're putting in, they're taking advantage of you. Forward your phone to voicemail and get out of there. All these things add up and it needs to change. For your own well being. Do not worry, the work will get done. It nothing is actually on fire and nobody is in imminent danger, it can wait.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry I didn't mean it to come across in that way, I'm sure you would work less if you could. I agree though that you will find a solution and I'm glad your head it getting clearer.