1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice please?! Is she flirting? This is all so new!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by annonnn, Mar 16, 2013.

1. annonnn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First of all, i know this is long. So thank you in advice for reading if you do!

I have only come out about my sexuality to one friend. She is straight and i don't have any gay friends to ask about this. I'm still trying to figure out my sexuality but I am starting to identify as a lesbian. It's all so confusing and difficult for me. Anyways, I met this girl a week ago and I can't stop thinking about her. She is the most beautiful, charismatic, spirited, and intriguing person I think I may have ever met. I think she was flirting, but I'm so new to this and I just don't know. Here's what makes me think so- the first time she spoke to me she actually cut into another conversation I was having to ask me a personal question (I had to try and stop smiling before I answered), eye contact constantly even if we were talking to someone else, she leaned in whenever she spoke to me, touched my hand as she made eye contact and smiled (I felt chills and a spark that were beyond intense each time), she continued to make the conversation about me, took my phone to put her number in it and said we all needed to hang out, told me she would teach me about things she was interested in, and lastly as she was standing right next to me she looked up, smiled at me, and told me that my eyes were incredibly beautiful. I melted. There were three of us there while all this happened. Me, her, and my co-worker who thinks I am straight. She said we all have to hang out, no option, but looked right at me. 5 minutes after she left she txted both of wanting to get together the next night then we started txting just to each other. We were going to hang out just the two of us this week but it fell through. Now me, her, and my coworker are hanging out tomorrow. I saw her again today and was still just as captivated.

How do I let her know I'm interested without coming out to my friend?! How do I know if she's flirting because she likes me or is straight and just friendly?! I think I could/do really like her but I barely know her. I want to flirt with her. Is there a way to do that without coming out to everyone? I just don't want to mess this up or get excited about something that may in fact not be there! Please help!

2. GiddyGreen

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As far as I can tell, shes flirting. The subtle hand touching, the leaning in, the eye contact and smiles seem like flirting to me! I'm not sure of many straight girls who come on like that with other girls. So she definitely seems interested in you in some way!
    Maybe try bonding with her a little more when you hang out. Try doing the things she was doing! If she was interested she will most definitely catch the hints.
    Touch her lightly when you're talking. On the shoulder, arm or hand. Whatever seems the most natural at the moment. Make solid eye contact. Maybe even let her catch you looking at her once or twice! Just give her a smile when she does. It would also be good to give her some kind of compliment. Just keep engaged with her! And when you go home, wait a while and then text her telling her how much fun you had.
    It could go somewhere from there, it could not. Just give it a little time.

Good luck! >u<

3. CrowAleron

CrowAleron Guest

Yup, sounds to me like she's flirting too. I'd basically say the same thing. That is, spend time with her. If you can't/don't want to outright express your fondness for her, just show her you're also interested by kind of doing the same things she does- the hand touching and eyes contact and whatnot.

4. annonnn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you guys. We did end up hanging out just the two of us at my place. I spent forever cleaning the place up, getting ready, trying to calm down the nerves and excitement :icon_bigg only to realize within the first 10 minutes that she was 100% straight and had no clue she was having this effect on me. I also realized that she was a much different person than I thought she was so that made it a little easier to accept. We spent almost the entire time hanging out on my bed (im in a studio apt so its the only option) watching videos and just chatting. I thought I was confused before but this is just a whole new level! I don't have those feelings towards her anymore though. I honestly would be just fine if I never heard from her again. Life is crazy sometimes, is it not? :rolle: