1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice of coming out to family. Thinkin' of letter?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Misadori, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Misadori

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey EC:ers!

For many years, I've been keepin' the secret of my true self from everyone. It's been a mental fight ever since the age of 12 (basically all of my life but I started to take my thoughts into a more serious plannin' level) so it's been 15 years now (27 years old today) and it's quite fatiguin' metal-wise fightlin' my inner demons. In my case, I'm carryin' transthoughts and have a higher interest when it comes to female fashion and crossplay. I'm not feelin' that I wanna undergo any transitions and peform a sex change and become a girl. I'm just a guy that dreams of havin' a second wardrobe filled with dresses, skirts and other female clothings^^

I've told my friends about my true side and I'm feelin' lucky that they do accept me for who I am. They're very supportive, couldn't have met better friends in life<3 Although, I'm not completely out towards everyone and comin' out to my own family is way harder! I'd love to be able to tell 'em who I am but I don't dare. I have no idea if they're gonna take it positive or not. Sure, they are supporters of LGBTQ+ and we've been to several Pride-festivals, both in Sweden and abroad. When I tried to tell 'em about the word 'intergender' and it's meanin' in an article from a magazine, they gave me the response: "Oh no, don't tell me that you're gonna identify yourself as an intergender?!" For bein' LGBTQ+-supporters, that response caught me with a surprised. I simply said that I just wanted to talk about a word that I've known, I haven't mentioned anythin' about me identifyin' as one (although I am tryin' to find myself on that level today. Intergender, gender queer, demi-boy, still in progress)

I think that the easiest way for me to come out to my parents some day is writin' a message and explain what I feel. It might sound easy and I think I do have a couple of like questions I wanna ask myself when writin'. Despite that I carry some questions in my head, I'd like to hear your thoughts. Are there any specific questions that are more important to bring into this, questions that might sound very obvious but hard to miss?? As mentioned, in this case it's about me as a transperson who would like to broaden up my wardrobe with more clothes, not seekin' for a change of sex or, as for now, wear female clothing outside of the house. The way I feel now is that I'd love to have a couple of dresses and skirts as an alternative clothing to wear inside (who knows? I might take it to another level in the future, nothing's carved in runestones exactly;P). Possibly doin' some crossplayin' or dress out as a female character on masquerades and/or Halloween IF I wanna walk around outside in female outfits(A)

Feelin' like I'm gearin' out from the subject here:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Could you give me some advice of what important questions I should have in a coming out letter, text or mail towards my family? I'm all open, not just reachin' out to transpersons necessarily. I'm open for anyone who's thinkin' of comin' out or those who already have:slight_smile: Homosexuals, asexuals, bisexuals, anyone who has some good hints, I'm all ears (or eyes in this case since it's via the Internet and all, haha(A))