1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed like asap

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Laine7008, Sep 6, 2022.

1. Laine7008

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Really hoping to get some feedback before I just make the decision on my own.

Per my last post, about 2 weeks ago, I asked the woman I like out for coffee but in a friendly manner not a date. She told me she was going to be out of town that weekend and from Facebook she really was so I knew she didn’t lie to me BUT
    I do hoping she might reach back out and want to plan something but I haven’t heard from her regarding that.
    I definitely do not want to seem desperate or pushy, so should I just leave it be and say at least I tried, oh well. Or should I try to reach back out one more time and ask if she has plans this weekend?
    I’m really conflicted on what to do. We see each other in person Monday-Friday because my kids are in school and we have spoke in car line but nothing to do with plans.
    I thought about sending her a message saying “Hey! Are you free this weekend?”

yes??? No????

2. Really

Is there some free public event going on you could invite her to specifically?

“I saw the outdoor mural exhibit is on this Saturday. Would you like to check it out? It’s dog-friendly, too, if that applies. Let me know. We could meet up at the coffee shop on Main St first and grab something to go. What do you think?”

Just a thought. :]

BiGemini87 and Laine7008 like this.
  3. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like @Really's suggestion: It might be an interesting way to get to know her, to learn what kinds of things she's interested in and does outside of a school setting. I don't think you'll come across pushy or desperate after a couple of weeks without speaking on the matter, and I'm sure if she's interested (in friendship or otherwise), she'll welcome the invitation. :slight_smile:

If/when you do, let us know how it goes.

Laine7008 likes this.
  4. Laine7008

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Thanks!! There is something going on this weekend this I figured she would probably already have plans for so I am going to wait till next week and ask. I definitely don’t want to blow this chance because if this doesn’t work out I don’t think I will bring it up again.

BiGemini87 likes this.