1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Advertisers ditching UK Daily Mail

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by PatrickUK, Feb 16, 2018.

1. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A Daily Mail newspaper columnist yesterday criticised Tom Daley and Dustin Lance-Black, who are expecting a child. In response, UK Leisure Chain, Center Parcs cancelled all advertising in the newspaper.

I'm not linking directly to the Daily Mail column, because I don't want the publication to receive any more traffic, but you can read more about it here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43093154

I disapprove of the way Tom and Dustin court so much attention, but they didn't deserve this. The columnist in question, Richard Littlejohn, seems to have a real issue with the LGBT community and I'm pleased advertisers are responding to him by turning their back on the Mail. It's always good to see businesses on our side.

2. Wesley007

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That is true, it is amazing how one thing causes ripples. May this be a catalyst that helps many more people open their eyes.

3. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Oh dear, I love reading Daily Mail but this is a worthy cause to boycott them.

4. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "That said, and despite the fact that countless single parents do a fantastic job, I still cling to the belief that children benefit most from being brought up by a man and a woman."

So he's demeaning single straight parents as well as gay people who want to be parents.