1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepting Myself

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by 17Bee19, Apr 28, 2020.

1. 17Bee19

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello. I have recently accepted to myself that I am pan-sexual (even though I've known for a while I'm not fully straight). I haven't shared this with anyone around me. I decided this year that I would finally do what makes me happy and learn to love myself, regardless of the many societal pressures I have lived by all my life (I'm 20 btw). I have been looking for a place I can actually make some friends and feel comfortable. Hopefully, this can be a first step into me moving forward.

My family (mom and dad specifically) are very Christian and homophobic. I love them and respect their beliefs, I just hope they can do the same for me. I don't mind if they disagree with me, as I accept all beliefs and respect people's passion. I just want them to disagree respectfully and not be so rash as to stop supporting me in life (like in my education and career).

I'm in community college and recently got accepted into university. I'm super excited to be away from my parents for a little bit where I can possibly join an lgbtq+ club or group. However, recent circumstances (y'all know what I'm talking about) have possibly put a hold on that.

I appreciate everyone's support!

2. Marble Jar

Marble Jar Guest

Welcome to the forum! That sounds like a brave and positive decision. I hope that your parents will be supportive. Congratulations on your university place :slight_smile: