1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A question for lesbian or bisexual females

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Paradoxx, Mar 22, 2014.

1. nicole1989

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    all help is welcome haha

2. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just have a pleasebegaydar.

3. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

@Vince: That's cool. Wish I had this:grin:
    Life would be that much easier:grin:

4. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I honestly don't know if gaydar is real or not.. But I believe i've got some vibes from a few girls.. It's cute.. But I try not to say oh they're definitely lesbian/bisexual because it's not my place to say so.. it's their business. But I honestly hit the nail on the head with a girl a while back.. after a week of me believing she was probably bi she came out to her family.. I wasn't shocked.. She doesn't dress or act stereotypically lesbian.. She would fly off alot of peoples gaydar but I got this vibe/feeling off her when talking to her :slight_smile:

It's little things.. Does she look at other women? Does she get shy around you or other women.. Does she not look at the ''hot'' guy and get nervous. I honestly get no nerves around men and act very shy around some girls.. But not to the point where it's obvious.. I'm very subtle.. Alot of girls can appear confident/outgoing but really inside they are a nervous wreck.. You can tell when i'm nervous sometimes but it's only through little things I do :slight_smile: I can't speak for all girls though! Some may give off other signs.. I mainly gave you what I do and what should set off someones gaydar around me.

Good Luck!

#24 ChloeKiss, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  5. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Me too! That's the reason my gaydar isn't working properly.

Too many times I've thought that someone was gay and they haven't been. But even more it happens that I assume people are straight but turns out they're not. So can't say mine is working, but every now and then it works. I do pay a lot of attention and wonder if people are gay or not though..

6. polaroid

polaroid Guest

Same here. My ''gaydar'' works selectively. It mostly only detects signals from gay males, and not because they're cross dressing or whatever, it's more about their mannerisms I notice and what not. With females, it's bloody useless. :confused:

7. nicole1989

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Haha, I love that. Ditto!

8. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw a girl while I was working and I don't even need to ask if she's gay, it's obvious!

You could go someplace warm, you could even go pee like I know you need to, but instead you're standing in the cold talking to me. *dingdingdingding*
    That said her clothing and hairstyle were also a dead giveaway.

9. sunsets

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hahahaha. I think every girl is gay. I think it's just wishful thinking :frowning2:

10. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I don't know if I believe in gaydar by looks alone. Because I know some lesbians can look really girly and some straight girls can look really "butch" (for lack of better term). Even flirting can be inaccurate because a lesbian can pull away due to being shy/conservative, or a straight girl can be flattered and fake flirt back.

I think I just go with actually all out asking them (Although if they're closeted, it doesn't help either).

11. polaroid

polaroid Guest

(OP, sorry to derail this thread for a bit) I'm intrigued. How do you go about this? Does it become easier the more people you ask? If I'm interested, I always learn about their orientation passively...

12. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, it seems like at least half of my female friends are gay or bisexual and in denial about it. :lol:

13. girlonfire

my love life summed up in a sentence everyone, you heard it here first

14. Lilli

Lilli Guest

I honestly think my gaydar is pretty good. Its probably just a lot of subtle things combined that make me think a person is gay.

15. Vince

Lol yeah, I'm that strange Asperger's kid so I don't know if I count. I sit around inspecting people for every little thing before I approach. I'll just say one huge factor that lesbians and gays many times do try to advertise themselves with subtle to less subtle hints frequently like rainbow accessories or plaid shirt for girls are very common where I live. The gay men just dress up like raver boys XD glow sticks! You might have to learn your local gay culture.

16. polaroid

polaroid Guest

Here, the glow sticks on gay men I observe too but the rainbow accessories and/or plaid shirt for girls not as much. I know a lot of straight women who likes to wear plaid shirts where I am. I also mostly see women with rainbow accessories only during pride events or near a gay/lesbian area/community in which case it doesn't really count.

17. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I never even knew there was a such thing as a "gaydar" :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: yeah I can't tell another girl's orientation. No idea!

18. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Usually my gaydar works pretty good. Lately I've been able to tell if someone is gay just by saying a few words to them. I've been right so far.

19. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    My gaydar is absolutely abysmal. Which is a real pain considering I like femmes! :eusa_doh:
    As a side note my mother (who is straight) has really shockingly accurate gaydar when it comes to gay men. Like she can tell within a few seconds. There is this comedian/presenter here in the UK, Simon Amstell, who I used to see on tv for a good couple of years but it wasn't until I heard a radio interview where someone described him as 'more of a straight-acting gay man' that I had any idea about his sexuality. But my mum? She had never heard of him before when one day he popped up on the telly and within three seconds she said: 'He's gay.' I asked how she knew, she said: 'It's obvious.' ?!!

20. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A woman could be cuddling up to her partner and I wouldn't figure it out.