1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A new start.

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Jebs, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's sucks getting sick just before yiou start. :slight_smile:

Day 114

I ran 30 minutes at a stretch per day last week, but gained two pounds. So I decided to shake things up a bit. This week, I ran an "island lap" (9-11 minutes), then did my 20 minutes of step aerobics, followed by a 10-minute run. I'm still pushing it on the last bit, as my distances of 1.7 miles work out to a 10mph speed. But I don't feel like I have to push myself to the absolute limit anymore. Also, my shoes don't feel really uncomfortable halfway through the run anymore.

It was weird, but yesterday I felt "trimmer". Not slim by any stretch, but I felt good about myself physically. Even weirder, I didn't feel that way at all this morning. Since I hadn't pushed myself to the limit, and even skipped a day early in the week (I overslept), I felt sure today's weigh-in would be a painful one.

I lost six pounds. Maybe those two bonus pounds last week were phantoms, but even so, that means I dropped four this week, which is about the most I've ever done. This not only gets me back into the "overweight" category (instead of "obese"), but even gives me a bit of wiggle room if those phantom pounds return.

Total weight loss: 26.5 lbs.
    Weight to lose to hit next goal: 3.5 lbs.

Lex

2. Endlessnight500

I want to get a Wii Fit, I have the DDR Dance pad, but i dont know where my DDR Game went lol. Grats on the extra wieght lost.

3. Endlessnight500

Well, Its friday again. People keep telling me I look like I've lost alittle wieght...I dont know because I dont wiegh myself, but still, its sort of gratifying. I did eat McDonalds for the past 2 days tho....

They actually have a good grilled chicken salad lol. I've only been drinking water and green tea, but yesterday I did drink an Iced Coffee :frowning2:

4. Starlight

Starlight Guest

*bumps thread*

Just want to say all those still hard at trying to lose weight, keep at it and don't give up! :grin:

I didn't and after months of avoiding the foods I shouldn't and didn't need to be eating, that and the endless cycling; I've lost the weight I needed to. I am actually now in the position where I can start to eat what I want because I know I can burn it off :grin:

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Day 170-something

Bet you thought I gave it up, huh? :slight_smile:

I did have two week or so where I didn't watch what I ate, and I didn't exercise much. And I paid for it - I gained seven pounds. So on Saturday, I decided I'd start really watching what I ate, and running five miles a day until I dropped that weight. I set a goal for a BMI of under 29, and gave myself six weeks.

I'm already done.

I dropped nine pounds. And no, I didn't starve myself. I just ate veggie wraps instead of that cheesesteak I really wanted. (But today, yes, cheesesteak! My one for the week!) Had some soup, said no to dessert a few times. And ran. Nice to know I can rebound from a bender fairly quickly. I'll move back into "careful" eating rather than the strict diet, and maybe ease up on the running a tad. Next goal - a BMI under 28. 7 lbs, and I gave myself eight weeks.

Total weight loss: 31.5 lbs.
    Weight to lose to hit next goal: 7.0 lbs.

Lex