1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little girl's praying for me!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by thistlehorn, Feb 21, 2016.

1. thistlehorn

I was at the park and I met this little girl that I used to be friends with when I still went to her school. Then these boys started teasing her and we ended up talking with them. At one point, I just got sick of the shit they were throwing at the girl that I just yelled that I'm actually a boy. This totally freaked them out and one boy was convinced I was an alien. Being an alien's cool and all, but he was serious. These kids had been raised to see queer people as these weird, outlandish beings that you shouldn't be.
    Later, the little girl told me she'd liked me better as a girl; that I was smarter and better than since I'd changed. I get she's young and probably was a little confused. Until she told me I should "Go to church and pray to God.":confused: Seriously!? I thought that crap only happened in conservative places where the church is hung in every classroom and my school is actually pretty accepting. However, kids in my neighbourhood are apparently jerks about it. I really hope this little girl realises it's okay to be gay. It is probably from her upbringing. But I didn't think kids were being told trans is bad from when they were little.
    We're still friends. She just thinks I need help from the lord.
    Anyone else ever get spazzed by a conservative kid?

2. NonsenseSpeaker

Well, I'm Catholic. I was never told that trans people were bad from a young age, but I just had no idea what trans or gay meant from a young age. I only learned around in Gr 6 and 7ish. I just had no clue that types of people were in the world. Although she may have been told that it is bad. I know that my friend's mom and my Youth group leader strongly believe that it's wrong to be gay so she may have been told that it's bad.