1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A "little" gay speech....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by arcchi, Jun 28, 2014.

1. arcchi

so... it's pride day!! ~perfect day to do this:

[​IMG]

....... okay, but serious..... my friends have complained to me sometimes everything is gay to me (don't blame me, but all cute, sentimental and pretty things in the world are pretty gay to me >//w//<), besides what so? I'm pretty gay too, so can't be helped.....

I'm a real shit to talk about sentimental stuff and speeches..... anyway..... it's Pride Day! Today is that day where thousand of gay and supportive people to our cause go to the streets to show rainbows (i'm not here to say what what happens on the parades... so...... rainbows! <3). I always wanted to go in one, but.... well, I couldn't...... anyways (I need to stop beating around the bushes....).... okay, for the real speech:

The term Pride is a really complicated thing here, cuz there are not all gay people how just show a flag and say "hey dude, I'm here, I'm gay and I want everybody to know". I, for example, am not outed to everybody I wanted to and am pretty sure I won't ever be outed to all my acquaintances, not cuz I'm not pride, more cuz I don't think I need to (but this goes person to person...).

The Pride we are celebrating today is not about being outed or be with a flag around your in a random street but the pride for where we got, what we passed to be here and for ourselves, not for anyone else just ourselves, we are gay and pride for the courage of face it and come through all of it. It's for the day we faced "omg, I like him/her, but we are the same sex". For the strangle, for the try to hide it or run from it. For the despair many of us needed to face, mostly alone. For all the little prejudiced comments we needed hear. For the fucking, good or bad, straight crushes we came through. For the day we decided not to run any more. For the help we searched (on google, haha, it's funny how many people do this). For the strength we took to tell for that friend or relative. For the person who accepted you, hugged you, told you "everything is going to be okay" or for the most simple and genuine smile of acceptance. For all the tears of sadness or happiness that spilled out of our eyes all long the way. For all the ones who came through all or some these things. For all the who are discovering themselves now (never forget that things will get better, they always do). For every bad thing that being gay made you feel; but, mainly, for every good thing that being gay made you feel.

So.... Today to celebrate it all, the way that good or bad, brought us here: thank all the supportive people who helped you or hug that friend that had the incredible courage to come out to you.
    Happy Pride Day!

#1 arcchi, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  2. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Awesome speech. I had something going on during my Pride Day(a dentist appt.) that made me useless the whole day. I will get there next year. :slight_smile:

3. arcchi

Thanks~ I really wanted to say something for pride's day....
    And, sure, we will be there next year, right? :slight_smile:

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :eusa_danc