1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A heart-to-heart with my Mother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DhammaGamer, Jan 2, 2013.

1. DhammaGamer

So yesterday, I needed to fax some stuff to the unemployment office but the kinkos were closed so my mom suggested I drive out to her lakehouse and use their fax machine. So I went out there, and she had put together lunch for me. She's really superstitious and had made me black eyed peas and pork and a spinach/squash side with a piece of steak and a baked potato, yum yum yum :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyways I was there for about 3 or 4 hours and we were just chatting. She eventually said that since I was there on my own that she wanted to talk to me more about my change. She asked me a ton of questions about how long I felt this way and whatnot. She said that the big thing for her is that she is still very much in denial of it all. She kept saying that she needs me to tel her that I am not going to go back. I made it very clear to her that I am very happy with my decision to transition and was kinda blunt about the fact that "Travis is gone, and he is never coming back". She cried, but afterward she actually seemed kind of relieved.

I told her about how some guys had been hitting on me and stuff and she was really protective making suire to tell me many times not to place myself in a situation where I could be hurt or taken advantage of by men. I also mentioned once about this guy who had contacted me on facebook and how he is a crossdresser and how I told him I'm not into that kind of thing. She was like "oh, I think I get it, you just want to be a normal girl?" She hugged me a lot and was crying. I think she is starting to change the way she views me.

After I left, I was at the gas station and she called me. She thanked me again for coming out and told me that she had a really wonderful day with me and that she loves me very very much. Then she said something that had me bawling. She said "I love you and I know it may seem kind of grandiose, but I look forward to calling you my daughter. I love you, Tristen." :slight_smile:

I cried and cried, and I don't think I have ever been happier :slight_smile: I love my mom, so amazing. Just wanted to share <3

#1 DhammaGamer, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  2. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww that is amazing. Can't imagine how good you must be feeling :slight_smile: Yayy for having such a great mom!

3. That1gurl222

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow! That's absolutely amazing!!!!!! :slight_smile: it might take awhile but your parents usually will be there for you no matter what! :slight_smile:

4. curlycats

wow, that's really awesome. :slight_smile: i'm happy for you both, but especially for you. what a great way to start a new year.