1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A good sign?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by goratrix, Apr 24, 2005.

1. goratrix

Well. Last night we were at home playing some RPG and we were wainting for our food to arrive (pizza, I mean... what's an RPG night without pizza anyway?). And we were talking about who stuff, you know, changing subjects every two minutes. And then the subject came up. They started talking about a guy, he used to be part of the group before I came, but still, he was the one who linked me to the group. It's a long story, I'll just say it was thanks to him that I met all these wonderful people that are now my friends.

Anyway, they were talking about him (I didn't participate much in the conversation because I don't really know him) but I was still paying close attention to the conversation, waiting for the next subject change... when I starteg getting hints that this guy might have been gay, and out. In the next few minutes the hints were confirmed when they started talking about his BF(alleged). Now, this guy moved away for reasons that are not important, but I lost all contact with him. I see him once or twice a year, when he comes to visit, and still there are all of our friends there... so it's not like I can talk to him.

But I think that the fact that he was out, and that the group was just ok with it is a good sign...

anyone?

2. hawkeye

thats cool. i guess that opens up a doorway to letting them know.

3. goratrix

Or maybe not... Today we were celebrating a couple of friends weding aniversary and one of them's birthday and I felt awkward arround them... like I couldn't keep my mind away from the fact that this guy was gay. And that they don't know I am.

The situation was not good for me to come out... It was a celebration, theri celebration... and it would have been wrong for me to ruin it that way. Still, I couldn't focus on much while we were there, and I think a few noticed I was... distant.

4. Micah

I agree that coming out at a celebration or party is the best deal. But the fact that you were distant could work in your favor, as your friends could enquire about it. If they ask 'what's wrong? you seemed kinda distant' you could tell them that you've had a lot on your mind. If they ask further questions it could essentially be a good time to come out.

Obviously if the group accepted his sexuality they will most likey accept yours. Like Hawkeye said, it sort of opens a doorway to coming out to them. Don't think that just because this guy was out to them, it means that you have to come out to them all at once.

Anyway, good luck with coming out. Atleast you have an idea of what their reaction will be.

Dave