1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A complicated transgirl “love triangle”...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Secondrate, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Secondrate

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a trans woman who is currently dating another trans woman. We’ll have been together for 2 years this March. However, I have a giant, huge, undoubtable attraction/crush on a different girl, who also happens to be trans.

I’ve come to realize that I’m not as happy inmy relationship as I’d like to be, that being said, I can’t deny that I love my SO a lot and want the best for her. We have been there for each other through family and friends’ deaths, coming out as transgender, starting hormone therapy, I was even there to support her last year when she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. We help take care of each other, but for the longest time I couldn’t help but feel like I was pulling more than my own weight in the relationship. I was always the one who had to make the major decisions, even if we didn’t like them. I was always the one to put my foot down and be stern with others when they didn’t treat us equally. And now that it’s been two years, we’ve just started to drift apart. I want to go to a university and make new friends and have a very active social life, I even want to move back to my home state. My SO however wants to stay around her hometown, and is okay with working at a factory and not really having an active lifestyle.

Despite our differences, we’ll soon be moving in together in a city close by. Ive had second thoughts but I think as far as my life goals, this is a step in the right direction. The only problem is the relationship. I have feelings for soemone else. Someone who might not even feel the same, someone Imight not end up with to tell the truth, but that doesn’t change the fact that I want to try* to be with them and get them to like me back. And even if it doesn’t work out, I’ve realized that through this admiration for the other girl, I have come to terms with not being happy in my current relationship.

But I love my SO, more like a best friend at this point. I just can’t fathom any way or any route I’d want to take to end the relationship and not feel like I completely ruined her life. Sorry for the long read, but any advice would really help a ton. Thank you!