1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit lonely and lost

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Cinnamoon, May 12, 2022.

1. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey thank you so much for the welcome!

I guess I am a bit frustrated - I don't mean to be. Everything can just be so confusing and hard to handle at times. Trying to handle interactions with other people can be so hard for me sometimes for some reason, I think I've just felt especially lonely lately and that as I've gone further into my 20s there are things that just haven't changed. I'm constantly trying to work on myself and I know there's still time, but sometimes I'm trying to juggle all my thoughts and feelings and actions and I start to really confuse myself! So I guess having other people's input can help me when I get like that.

Thank you for all the information you've provided too, it's nice to know a bit more about how this forum works.

And thank you again for your welcome. This place has been helping me a bit already, it seems full of friendly people and like a really welcoming place to be

Attached Files:

2. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whoops it seems I accidentally attached a tiny dot or something, don't know how I did that sorry!

3. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I relate to how frustrating it is. I do not have a circle of friends to whom I can talk to. Im kind of going it alone myself.

4. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are still very young and have plenty of time to find yourself. Work on one thing at a time. Since this pandemic millions of us feel alone. Me I time the time to read. I get absorbed in a book time flies by and I am not lonely. But again I love to read but something I hated as a child.
    What do you feel anxietyabout? Confidence in yourself. One day you will wake up and life will click. Some of us just take a little more time. I was married had 1 child another on the way , a house . I had just turned 30 and my life just clicked for me.
    Take a deep breath work on one thing at a time. You make be trying to hard.

5. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry to hear that =(

I don't have a circle of friends either. It can be very tough trying to get through things without a second opinion sometimes

Sorry Robyn mac I forgot to quote you too

Thank you. I think I am trying too hard. I think I drove somebody away this year partly because I get desperate, insecure and try too hard to please people.

I feel a lot of general anxiety, things like how I look, how old I am (silly I know, many of these aren't 100% rational), about all kinds of things. I'm not as bad now as when I was younger but I still struggle with anxious feelings.

I like to read too. Watch videos, shows, music. Walk. There are things I enjoy. I guess it's just hard being as introverted as I am to feel like I'm ever going to meet people or get my life together sometimes.

But yes I do probably try too hard too.

#25 Cinnamoon, May 15, 2022
    Last edited: May 15, 2022
  6. Robyn mac

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Relax you are no different than 10 million other people. If I had a pence for everyone who worried about how they look I would be the richest man in the world. Move over Elon Musk lol How old lol hell im 62. everyday a little closer.

7. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Weird how talking things through helps. I've been holding on to feeling like I look awful for well over a decade, it started when I was about 12. Had eating problems, massive anxiety, became borderline agoraphobic over the years. But I was so isolated that I didn't realise how common it was for people to feel similar to me until very recently

I think the reason behind the age thing for me is complicated, it's been a weird issue for me for a long time too. Maybe being socially isolated again I guess, feeling depressed, on my own and not feeling like I've lived whole chunks of my life because of my mental health issues makes me feel not old but like I've wasted the time I've had already or something. And the gay thing about twinks and youth really gets to me too sometimes. Lots of stuff apparently being so hypersexual and looks based kind of affects me. Don't get me wrong I try to present myself as well as I can but I want to be valued for who I am more and I guess I've found it difficult to find people who I feel like I click with.