1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7-8 week update

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Randy, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh my gosh, so here's an update on my life right now. So I came out when I moved out for the school year (Aug. 24) and since then I encountered a few bumps in the roads but all from my mother. But I knew what kind of person she is and what she values and all that good stuff so it didn't impact me that stuff. Her initial reaction was that she loves me no matter what and she was trying to convince me that all people don't like the gay community AND that I shouldn't put this on Facebook (which I've been really good about thus far). When the confrontation came, all I really cared about was not getting kicked out since my parent's are loaning me money (so instead of taking out a loan, they would pay for my undergrad and I pay them back) so I really did not care about that part at all. Well I didn't get kicked out of the house but I did get cut-off (just from my mom.)

But then she sent me an email saying "Only God can judge us and..." (I think I typed all of this before...oh well). A few days later, I asked her for money and, to my surprise, she actually gave me money :slight_smile: I was utterly surprised that she took what she said back. I guess deep down, she knows she cannot change me and she can I am quite satisfied with who I am. Speaking of which, if you contrast how happy I was and high school and how happy I am now, you can tell my level of happiness is much higher now!!

So, right now whenever I got home, I can finally feel relaxed and have to not worry about any comments or what have you. The only thing that my mom told me was when she pulled out the Catechism and read a passage that was simply put: being a homosexual is not wrong; however, people that are homosexuals are called to live a life of chastity. There were tears in her eyes and tears in her voice when she read to me. I don't know if it is was because she still cannot believe it or because of what the Catechism actually says.

All in all, I wrote this thread to send a message out to people that it indeed does get better as time goes by. At first, my mom was dead set against my lifestyle and now I think she's beginning to come around and tolerate it.

2. Ticklish Fish

so far so good, Randy! :grin:

3. hitgirl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad things are getting a bit better with your mum :slight_smile: