1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3rd wheel

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Legnaj, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Pure vent:

So I went on a road trip with one of my closest amigas, BB. I like hanging around her, she is cool and I've known her since middle school. We can talk about anything. Nothing is taboo.

Now we were going on this trip in order to see another one of my closest friends, Al. I've known him since middle school as well. I used to be able to talk to him about anything as well.

Now I know them both well. It was kinda heart breaking to me, to find out that that Al lied all through high school, telling me he had fallin for this girl or that girl, when in fact he was head over heels for BB, who was head over heels for me, which is why he didnt make his move on her. So pretty much, he's my ride or die guy.

Ok fast forawrd to this past weekend's road trip. I must say its kinds annoying and akward being around them now. They both vent to me about each other. They both lie to me about each other. They both make out infront of me around each other. They both act diffrent infront of me around each other. I can't hang out with BB alone or else Al gets mad, Cant talk to AL without BB wanting to know what we aere talking about and if it was about her.

Whenever I don't want to hang out with one I have to hang out with the other or when I want to hang out in general with any of them they already made plans. when i do get one on one time with them its always about how great me "BF/GF" is and how they are in love and how I dont know their little inside jokes so they shove it in my face and expect me to be fine. Is it possible to say that they are shoving their herosexuality in my face (lol)

Now Im an easy going guy, I think I've been taking it in pretty well but whenever I'm around them the same 3 thoughts pop into my head:
    1. Would they be fine with me doing what they do infront of them with another guy?:icon_redf
    2. Damn! I wish I had that?:icon_sad:

(Part of me is saying, cool I get to hang around 2 of my favorite people in the whole world at the same time but then part of me is saying, crap...Im going to have to put up with 2 of my favorite people in the world at the same time, Which makes me feel bad because I've never had to look at it as if "Im putting up with them" untill they started dating. Which has me popping the last thought in my head...)
    3. I'm an asshole:dry:

I can try talking to them but I dont want to feel as though Im a burden on them and they have to watch what they do around me because if I were in their shoes, I wouldnt want restrictions on me. I knew being the 3rd wheel would suck a little but not this bad. I know people grow up and grow away but not this quick. Its like im losing my best friends to my best friends and I've just become...an aquaintance...and that is something I dont know how to deal with.:shrug: