1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

38 married still in closet

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by spydar, Feb 26, 2007.

1. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    just came back to see if any more posts had been added after my last , plus to have a browse over the rest of the site. I would like to add that my wife knows that i dont want kids though we hav`nt talked about the subject for ages.
    I dont think the world revolves around me! but I live in east london on a tough working class estate and trust me apart from all finding out id been hideing my sexuality ,which isnt anybodys buisness anyhow, i mean straight people dont go on marches or go to a gathering and say "hi im thingy & im straght" It really could be a health hazord !.
    thanks for all the replies so far and please wish me luck .

2. nick79

Being openly gay doesn't mean you have to be loud about it. You're a unique individual, do things your way... And don't bother telling your homophobic neighbours.

The idea of coming out is to be truthful with the people you love and yourself, and accepting that you have the right to follow your desires (just as much as the straight guy next door has to follow his).

Good luck (*hug*)

3. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    do`s anyone know any friendly sites where I can meet people and chat? and I do mean chat as the sites I have looked at thus far are too into just cruiseing for SEX SEX SEX!
    this site is great and is great for poping on and off ,but some real time casual chit chat is greatly lacking in my life at the moment and has been like that for as long as I can remember.
    thanks all

4. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    its my wifes birthday on 6thmay and she wants to go ti Paris for the weekend, should I go? should come out/ if so , before after? most definately not during ,if I go of course , please help its urgent!!

Any ideas???

5. nick79

I am SO happy for you and for your wife that you are now serious about coming-out to her.
    Well done! :thumbsup:

You haven't given us enough info to make a good judgment here... But sooner is always better than later, and tell her to have a weekend in Paris with the girls.

Good luck (*hug*)

6. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    thanks nick79
    ill be back on in a while to let you all know what went on.

7. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    well i chickend out , its sooo hard i mean she must love me and wanna be with me we hav`nt been intimate for the thick end of four years . i feel pretty much useless i hav`nt worked for a while and just spend alot of time up late watchin tv while shes asleep were like ships passing in the night (i know it sounds corny ) a foggy night at that .. but anyway this helps a bit as it enables me to really think about my situation while typing it out . also thanks for all the posts so far especially to "mr head" y`know who you are for takeing an extra interest . BBL xx

8. spydar

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is for "GREGG"
    for some reason my replys keep getting rejacted? it mayby cos im running a deep scan ? i will try again after its finished , paul

9. AfraidbutReady

Spydar, I understand exactly what you are gonig through, I am going through it now with my husband, the only difference is I talked with my husband about it twice ad he still chooses to ignore it. He demands I stay married to him and has threatened all sorts of things such as kicking me out of our house, selling my stuff, throwing my cats outside, (they are declawed/indoor only), leaving me pennyiless and even threatnening to blow his own brains out just so I could clean up the mess. I sincerely hope you don't have to deal with the immaturities I am having to cope with daily. Good Luck babe -

10. halfcajun

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello Spydar:
    I'm 44, and I truly understand your fear. I've had a less than idyllic childhood myself, and I can empathize with that fear of change. The unknown seems so much more terrible than any present pain. I want to tell you there IS something better waiting for you.
    I use the quote below to help me handle my pain and fear:
    LITANY AGAINST FEAR
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
    Only I will remain.

It's from the science fiction novel Dune, but it works for me as well as any prayer I've found in any prayer book. If I may, when I'm in grip of fear, esp. BIG FEARS, it feels like like I'm standing on a beach waiting for a giant wave of a tsunami to crash over me. I feel like it's going to destroy me. Like I'm going to die.
    Spydar, let the fear wash over you. You'll be surprised to find out that, however painful it was for the fear to pass over you, the relief you'll find is remarkable. You'll see how much power you've given that fear. And see how little of that power it actually deserved.
    I'm not saying that a decision to come out (and the changes that it makes in your life) won't be frightening. They will be.
    But the peace...it will be worth it.
    Good luck,Bill

11. Lovetoski

Lovetoski Guest

@spyder-- you are putting off the inevitable. 38 is not old. We, as a society, are so quick to forgive the foibles of the younger generation "they're just kids--they'll learn from their mistakes". Why do we not grant ourselves the same forgiveness? I was married at 23. I married with the intent of forever-- I never imagined coming out at 39. 2 kids and 16 years of marriage later, but that is exactly what I'm doing. It sucks, but I love my husband enough that I want him to feel happiness joy and good sex again. Being scared is no excuse to be selfish.

12. Fairylink

This thread is over 6 years old Lovetoski :astonished: