1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General News 3 shot at Pittsburgh high school

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AwesomGaytheist, Nov 13, 2013.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Three students were shot outside Brashear High School in Pittsburgh, PA this afternoon. According to WPXI, a Pittsburgh TV station, authorities confirmed that tree men came out of the woods behind the school and fired at students outside the building and then fled back into the woods.

The shooting occurred at 2:56 PM, six minutes after classes dismissed for the day. The students suffered non-life-threatening injuries and are currently at a local hospital. One was shot in the shoulder, another in the leg/foot, and another was grazed in the head by the bullet.

If you are in the area, all residents are being told to stay indoors, lock your doors and windows, and stay away from the school.

Currently there is no description available of the shooters. If you're in the area and have any information, obviously call 911. Local residents saw one person being arrested by local police, but a spokesman from the Pittsburgh Police Department couldn't confirm if it was related to the shooter.

2. GirlWhoWaited

Why are people so indiscriminately cruel and malicious? I'm glad the victims are going to make it, but still. So sad. :frowning2:

3. person57

Omg, why does so many bad stuff happen these days? What happened to our nation? :frowning2:

4. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    NRA spokesman to say something stupid in relation to this in 3...2...

5. RainbowMan

I don't think this is indiscriminate - I read a story before I left work today (several hours ago, so new stuff may have developed) that said that there was some sort of a major incident at school involving these students, and they were specifically targeted.

None of the victims are cooperating with police, which makes me think that both parties were up to no good.

6. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And the conservatives still say guns don't need to be restricted.

These people will go down as nothing but statistics to most people. Three lives lost, how many now are less bright due to the murders?

This will keep happening until something is done about guns.

7. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As I have said in many gun threads, more restrictions on guns wouldn't reduce crime in America significantly, and probably wouldn't have stopped today's shooting from happening.

There should be moderate regulations on guns, but there are so many in circulation that it's impossible reduce gun violence drastically, even if they were completely banned.

#7 Mike92, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013