1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2nd Gay Bishop for Angelicans

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Emberstone, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Emberstone

2. nickmc

I have so much respect for Rev. Glasspool. She's so strong in her faith that she is willing to face all the criticism that's being/going to be thrown at her.

It's great to see that the Anglican Church is at least trying to further the idea that LGBT people are just like everyone else. We can be people of God too :slight_smile:

3. Just Adam

saw this when it happened... as much as i want her to eb all she can.... the appointment just screams gimmick...

by appointing her they are trying to calm a diffuse all those that say how bad the church has got and does nothing but spread hate and disscrimination...

in chat when it was on teh news i described it as a club or work place where you have to have so many of a minority to make up the fairness of the team...

just becasue shes now in i dont think anything will change it wont bring people back or whatever ethy said they wanted this to do...as i dont believe even though they appointed her they will accept her.

dont get me wrong id love everything to be smiles and yay lgbt people are now accepted and wanted by the church even if i dont believe in religion its still nice to not be hated... but i just cant see what this sudden appointment that isnt deffinate is going to acheive cos i believe they have a motive and its not becasue they think she deserves the appointment...

feel free to shoot me down.

----------

but they never say these thigns that we are wanted, i recall when watchign teh news report tehy wanted this to bring people back to the church but i saw nothign about wanting accepting or tollerating lgbt views or lgbt people...

i just think back earlier this year to the incident in scotland with the church teh gay appointment that didnt go down well... i dont see that this will get anything great.

4. nickmc

I don't think that there is going to be any major change either. But I still believe that this is a small step in the right direction.

It would be ideal if the delegates came right out and said that the reason they had elected her to assistant bishop was for furthering LGBT rights but even if the motives were less than ideal, this appointment will (hopefully) mean that it becomes more accepted (or at least less "scary") to have LGBT people high in the Church hierarchy and from that, more acceptance in general.

Ever the optimist,
    Me :icon_bigg

5. Just Adam

i agree would be great if they jsut said yea we love rainbows...thats subtle right? lol

but... i aint the optimist with religion to much history of evil and bloodshed in its name for my likeing lol..

and i aint scared of lgbt church peoples.... its the ones that take too much interst in teh choir boys i run away from like a jack sparrow thats let himself go.