1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

" "

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by TonyTheBear, Jun 29, 2012.

1. TonyTheBear

This is the same as most of the other threads here. It's just a hello, however, not much of an introduction. I'm not divulging much personal information here just yet other than I want somebody to talk to. You see, I'd like to mention my failure at coming at as whatever I am. Let's call it gay for now. In sometime of the early Spring 2011, I "came out" so to speak to a a few friends at my school. I live at my school. It's not college yet, but rather a boarding school. Up to this point, I had developed a few friends online too. However, late in the month of June, the same information slipped out to my parents... I broke down and told them everything. Since then, I have only been able to return to school due to my going along with "changes" that needed to be made by their standards. All of my gay friends and the like were blocked online and on my phone. I can't even type the word "gay" in on my search browser. Yet, somehow, I ended up here. If my parents saw me on this site, I probably wouldn't be able to go back to my school for my senior year due to lack of trust. My dad set up the internet so I can't be online late at night too so they are always around and able to pry in on what I'm doing as long as they're awake. So... I guess I'm just looking for friends online again. I've tried going it alone for a year now. I'm back at home for the summer and I'm very lonely. I'd like to get to know you guys. Drop me a private message? I have skype and oovoo too. I hope I'm doing this hello thread thing right.

2. Welcome to Empty Closets. I hope things get better, and I highly suspect college will be a very liberating experience if you choose to attend. Unfortunately, off-site contact is prohibited in these forums due to security reasons. Also, you'll have to apply to be a Full Member after you've spent some more time here on EC before you can private message other Full Members. As a Regular Member, you are able to message staff members, but not yet others. Just spend some time here, and although it may feel like there are a lot of security measures and obstacles to "fully enjoy" EC, I think it's worth the time spent here.

3. thylvin

thylvin Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hi and welcome. Hope we can help you and we are a bunch of friendly people, so you are bound to make lots of friends here.(*hug*)

4. vyvance

Welcome to EC.

Also, you can use the "private browsing" function in Firefox, "incognito" in Google Chrome, to prevent any form of cookie or url from being saved once you close the browser. While that won't stop them from looking over your shoulder, it will eliminate the risk of them prying to see what you had previously been looking at.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey welcome to EC.

6. TonyTheBear

Ah. Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to come on here when I can. Sorry I didn't mean to break any rules. I don't do forums very often.

7. Aeon Magus

Hello, and welcome to EC, Tony. :slight_smile:

Hope you enjoy your stay here.