1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Gays having a Kid

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Larry Myster, Dec 18, 2008.

1. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow that is crazy! But quite cool.

I cannot say I entirely agree with the altering of genetic material to produce a human being. There is so much in science that is still unknown, especially with the human genome and I hope scientists do not bite off more than they can chew.

There are also issues which have arisen recently about the importance of inheriting certain genes from both the male and the female (imprinting). Certain genes are turned off in paternal chromosomes but on in maternal and visa versa. (If anyone's interested check out the genetics of Prader Willi and Angelman's syndrome)....I'm a geek!

Despite this, I'm sure that in 10 years they'll have found a way to do this. I just hope when it happens we won't be in over our heads.

2. foxkid777

Maybe you could do what someone just said just have someone be the host for the two one for each of you. Atleast then there will be siblings =]

3. fallendream

it would be alot simpler to adopt

4. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

And way more affordable. I can't even begin to fathom the expenses that egg fusing would cost. I mean, in vitro fertlization is expensive as is. And then there is the possibility of having like octuplets or whatever.

So yeah.
    And I also think alot of this thread is misinformed. There is alot of inaccurate stuff floating about.

Anyone watch Junior?
    Arnold... pregnant. Hilarious.

5. Hugo Boss

So you are going to have the genetic content of 2 men (i.e. an XY) fertisilied??

Men = XY
    Women = XX

It is possible then to have a child with an YY!! i.e. you have just made a new gender.
    all of that and we haven't even considered the woman's genetics! lol!

6. ^That's true, but there are also people who have XYY, XXX, XXXX, XXXY, XXYY, XYYY, XXXXX, XXXXY, XXXYY, XXYYY and XYYYY chromosomes.

7. ArcusPravus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    However, unlike all the examples you listed, YY does not have any X chromosone and would never develop into a human embryo. The Y chromosone is much shorter than the X for a reason, and its not that men are 'simpler' than women. We all start off as female. Its job is primarily just to switch the developing embryo to male gender. Without an X chromosone, you would be missing a large chunk of necessary DNA for actual development. (Note that isn't to say some development wouldn't take place, or be dangerous to the surrogate mother, or be ethical, just that the end result would not be a human baby)