13 years and still feeling alone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by tiggerkid, Apr 3, 2015.

1. tiggerkid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    it's been 13 years since coming out to all my friends and family. and to this day my parents still get to me with their comments. I can't comfortably be me around them. I went years without talking to them and that was the hardest part. when both my parents were diagnosed with cancer they reached out to me and we've been trying to rebuild the relationship since. I don't think we will ever have a easy relationship. when I'm with my friends I'm more comfortable. I feel I can be me without worrying, and that's how it should be with friends. but I still feel I need to hold back sometimes. ive had a few people question my relationships with my friends. their assumption of something must be going on because I'm gay. I don't like that women and lesbians can't be friends without others thinking they are sleeping together. I just want an honest friend to be me with and not have others always judging. it will be a life of judging and I don't know how much longer I can take it.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you just might relax...
    You might tell others that you are the same person as ever... with the same sense of humour...
    that being gay is not a choice, and you are not here to fulfill others expectations...
    so they should simply let go expectations...
    and that it should be simply be about two people in love.
    And not everyone around you is a possible partner... some people could be but not all...
    its the same with straight people.

Well its up to you what you say since you know them best... it might be possible to write a letter, or to sit them down over a cup of tea and really talk with them... also about their fears...
    like having kids is well possible (if you want that) etc...

and you might visit the next lgbt center near you, with courses and activities... there might be support groups...

hugs