1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

13 other things the Bible forbinds

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GoogieHowser, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Emberstone

I am technically letting the behavior of fundementalist christians speak for themselves.

I have to deal with them alot, living in a smaller, rural community, and also within my own family, some of which never miss a oppertunity to trash my name to kingdom come because I am gay. I also have to listen to them trashing ethnic and racial minorities, spouting hate-filled rhetoric such as "blacks are lesser people, and their skin is dark beause god does not love them", and "if God loves hispanics, he would have had them born in america, not mexico."

fundementalist christanity is rooted in the fact that christ is the least of their concern. The messages of christ are pushed aside instead for hatefilled rhetoric (which christ said was a sin, in and of itself), leaving us with people in the spectrum from pat robertson (who has never met someone he would not try to milk money for by stoaking fear and lies), to Fred Phelps (who has never met a corpse he would not mock and desecrate.)

Fundementalisem is not christanity, because christ says so in the bible. Theres no getting around the fact that christanity of a fundementalist is a power struggle/excuse for harming and judging others... hence why it is called fundementalist.

2. FJ Cruiser

All I can say is that though I have a long list of grievances with the religion I was brought up in, I have never run into that kind of behavior. Pat Robertson and Fred Phelps (of whom I've never heard even the most hardcore fundies hold their criticism) radical anomalies, which are present in any interest group.

In my experience, fundamentalists are ignorant and in need of education, not self-conscious hate-mongers like so many love to portray them.