1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10:00 and 2:00

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mlpguy88, Jun 9, 2012.

1. FJ Cruiser

I was taught that the 10:00 and 2:00 position wasn't safe because of steering wheel air bags as was mentioned before. I'm not incredibly consistent, but 9:00 and 3:00 is generally what I do. Where I go to school, traffic is so crazy that you have to be on guard and have your hands properly placed. Here in my hometown, the 7-lane arterials with light traffic generally mean you can drive much more relaxed. It's hard not to cruise at 60 on them.

2. BudderMC

It depends largely on where I'm driving. If it's on a highway, somewhere with high speed or lots of traffic, or bad weather conditions and I feel I really need to pay attention, then probably around 9:00 and 3:00.

If it's just roaming around town, or somewhere in the country with little traffic, or anywhere else where I feel really comfortable driving, then it's probably window and 12:00, window and 3:00, window and 6:00, or 6:00 and radio buttons. Whichever feels most comfortable. It usually switches a few times throughout the ride.

I took my final driving exam about a month ago, and I think driving with two hands on the wheel was the hardest "habit" I had to get back into before I took it... :rolle:

3. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    8 & 4. Puts my thumbs in the right place for the controls on the sterring wheel.

4. SlickyPants

I usually have one hand on my cell phone and the other on a cup of coffee and I steer with my knees. I usually have my eyes on the road when I'm not rubbernecking some cute guy on the sidewalk.

I'm only kidding of course but I thought I better mention it anyway because that sort of thing seems pretty common.

I usually drive with one hand on the wheel at 10-12ish and the other on the shifter while in the city and whatever feels comfortable in the country. Usually 10 and 2 but I usually change positions periodically, especially on a long drive.

5. vyvance

Around 4-8 and 5-7.

6. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mostly noon or 1:37 lol

7. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Bit ashamed to say mostly one hand at 11:00 and maybe a finger at 5:00 or one hand at 6 like you.
    On the highway I usually use both hands at 3 and 9. (Just leaning on the crossection of the steering wheel).