1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

❤️ It DOES get better: notes from a member of 5 years

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GayTeen, Aug 15, 2018.

1. GayTeen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I joined this forum over five years ago. I was an afraid, depressed, and anxious 15-year-old who was struggling with his sexuality. I have returned to post a message: it gets better.

I haven't been active on here in many years; most of my old friends from long ago are deactivated or otherwise gone. But in that time, I have come out to most people and am tackling my many mental health issues. It got better. I worked hard and found people who could support me.

I am thriving in college now. My 15-year-old self would not believe the success and happiness I have since found. There were many setbacks and moments of extreme pain - but here I am.

It gets better.

Love,
    GayTeen ❤️

illbehere, enkeli, smurf and 4 others like this.
  2. CL1990

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    thank you for taking the time to post this. ive realised i have been here for 3 years. this has got me thinking of all the things that i though i would never do but i have actually acheived in terms of coming out etc. i guess its a long journey though so its easy to get demotivated thinking about all the things you still want to acheive!!

GayTeen likes this.