1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mirko, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Libra guys are tall.

2. luminousecho

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like a great career. I know it can be hard work, though, and I respect how much work authors have to put in promoting their novels these days. And yeah, I guess tech is totally unavoidable to many folk. I guess I just yearn for safer more stable times! I do feel sad for young people today, though, glued to their phones 24/7. You only live once and childhood is made for summer memories and adventures. The lady I'm dating has 4 kids, and three of them are hooked to their phones (the youngest is too young yet). I don't say anything, obviously, but it is heartbreaking. I'm just thankful that wasn't what it was like when I grew up.

Yep. I know the drill and you're right it never ever ends! I was preparing a stew at 5 am yesterday, morning, to slow cook. At least I can do that, and it gets it all done first thing. Then I washed the dishes 4-5 times. And laundry, tidying, dusting too... The worst thing is... You do so much and then think to yourself: I've let this day go to waste! So much of it becomes automatic that if you don't actually do something challenging, you think you've been lazy, despite doing tons. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for a woman to then have a man come home and collapse in the sofa with a beer and expect to be waited on!

3. Pole star

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought you were in phoenix. What prompted the move?

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I moved back to the Midwest earlier this year. I am looking at a more permanent apartment.

5. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's 31 degrees of Celsius outside right now. For the evening it promised rain, strong winds, lightning and hail. There is also a danger of strong tornado. I've never seen one in my life. My house would be completely destroyed even with a weak tornado. I hope this storm will pass us by and don't cause lots of damage. I wouldn't want to become homeless.

6. Pole star

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck with house hunting

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hopefully the severe weather has passed and that it didn't cause any damage.

8. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was actually okay, there were only a little bit stronger winds and rain on my area, some of the other areas had a little bigger than golf ball size hail, so it caused damage to cars and houses. I'm glad it wasn't as extreme.

9. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks! I don't make a lot of money off of it - I made more in one month from graphics than I have in the almost decade's worth of book royalties - but it's what I've wanted to do as long as I can remember. I'm extremely lucky to be able to stay home with our child, write and do my graphics design. Most of the other authors I know have day jobs as well as the writing. My day job is at home, and although it's sporadic, I love what I do.

My son has a meltdown if he can't have his tech stuff. Or even the power on at home. I think it's his autism. He likes routine, and it knocks him off kilter if things change, or plans don't happen. I am fine, I have my books (physical and ereader on my phone) but he prefers noise, his tablet and video games and other things - it's a source of comfort for him even if both of us are home.

Yeah, I can see that fully about the kids your girlfriend has. I grew up without any of that too but now I'm a tech hound. Heck, I learned to type on an electric typewriter, not a keyboard. Simpler times were not always great for us authors but we still got the job done, and I'm grateful for my typing teacher for her support and putting up with me. I've seen her numerous times since graduation - eons ago - and she's so happy that I'm utilizing that skill to the max. She's proud of all of her students that continue using that skill through their lives. Back then it wasn't as common as it is today.

I hear you on the doing stuff and then the day is a waste unless you've done something challenging. I do that daily but then remember I can't do it every day due to having chronic illnesses and pain. So I do what I can on those good days and if I'm able to do the dishes on the bad days, or even just get dressed on bad days, it's a success for me.

I'm hoping to get more added to this blasted manuscript sometime before school starts in a couple of weeks. I'd like to get it done soon so I can finish the second part of it, it's a duology.

10. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yikes! Stay safe!

11. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No worries. I'm safe. My area only had little bit stronger wind and rain, so it passed my city by, but such things cause me anxiety and we were cautious and listened to all the safety advice from the emergency services. People were given free parking in the parking houses, so their cars couldn't be damaged and some parked under bridges, if the giant hail balls should've had come down, but there wasn't any luckily. Our car was under our own garage and some just covered their cars with thick blankets.

12. Loves books

The news is all about places getting super hot weather while we get rain, and a few wind warnings. I also managed to reverse my sleep schedule again. I need to fix it for winter because I can go days never seeing the sun. I’ve done it before.

13. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just being a little productive for a day has bring me to much better mood, than I have been recently. Seems like this moody and irritable mood is passing.

14. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank the stars for that.

15. Loves books

I want to go on a holiday alone but have no idea where to go. I wouldn’t mind going to England but I’d be expected to stay with my sister and do stuff with her. Ideally I’d hop on a plane it’s not far, go to the Harry Potter place and a museum and go home. I could do it in a day, there’s a tiny airport a ten minute drive from home and London has a great public transport system. But a day trip isn’t a holiday.

16. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish I had someone in the LGBT+ community to talk to in my area. There is a PRIDE committee and such, and I've asked to volunteer, but it'll be as a local "personality" like Bobby Orr is to his hometown, not as a member of the community. I can't come out publicly in my area, not even to a few people. I'm scared the gossip mill will love the fact this crazy chick is not as straight as people think, and I'd get crapped on. My mom and other members of the family would disown me if they knew, and so would a lot of my friends.

I'm feeling really alone right now.

17. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can I get magic powers or a genie or something to just clean my room for me or a surge of energy? Either works. My room is a mess.

18. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hugs. If you wish you can always send a PM, just to talk.

You can pretend you're just supportive, if it means it's safer this way.

19. Violet Rain

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks. Everyone knows I am being the community, I have that plastered everywhere across Facebook and I've been ultra vocal about it in person as well. It's the safest way to go, especially with my family and people in this area.

I can't thank everyone here enough for the support and love. Everyone here that I've talked to so far have been wonderful, kind and so accepting.

20. JT1999

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Can't get the new girl at work out of my mind. She's beautiful, can't be much more than 5ft tall, long, shaggy surfer chick hair with subtle pink highlights. I feel like I can tell a girl's sexuality from hairstyle alone - its not perfect but I've been right more than I've been wrong so far. A couple of times our eyes met across the room but she quite quickly looked away. I have a feeling this is going to be fun.