1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs that fit your mood?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ushiromiya Red, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This song fits a lot of my moods....I often feel lost and unsure of myself while I'm trying to work on my confidence...

2. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are soo many but I will just list a few that fit me when I have problems with my BPD (borderline personality disorder):

- I hate you, don’t leave me - Demi Lovato. (Demi actually wrote this song about BPD) this song encompasses BPD perfectly.

- You stupid b*tch - from the cast of ‘crazy ex-girlfriend’ (the main character actually has BPD. People with BPD are not ‘crazy’ though- we have just been affected by trauma) this song perfectly describes how I feel after a BPD ‘meltdown’ :frowning2: (it references somebody named Josh but this name could obviously be changed to whoever)

- Please don’t leave me - Pink. One part of the diagnostic criteria of BPD is a fear of abandonment and this song describes that feeling well and many other BPD symptoms.

- Breathe me - Sia. This song describes the emptiness I often feel as do many other people with BPD.

- Why didn’t you stop me? - Mitski. This song describes the feeling of after I do something stupid.

There are some other songs but they could be triggering for people so I won’t list them!

3. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, I love your diverse list of songs. I'm also a huge Pink fan. Her music speaks to me on a spiritual level. <3 It's amazing how many different types of songs can fit our moods. That's what I love about music.

4. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This song fits my mood today. I've had kind of a rough week mentally because of everything going on in my state. I'm doing a bit better today however. I'm trying to find the strength to keep going...

Somehow You Do - Reba McEntire

5. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Day by day, I feel like I can keep going...even if I still need to be reassured sometimes...I'm making it through day by day. I'm not letting the bullcrap keep me down! I'm stubborn as hell and I'm still here fighting! This song represents fighting to make things right and to make a better life for yourself. In the darkest parts of my life...this song was my battle cry...hell I guess it still is in a way.

Rewind - Static P

6. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's been awhile since I've been here...I've been kind of busy. But I have to say this song fits my mood lately.

7. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Thank you! I love a lot of her music too, I can really relate to a lot of it. I think it’s amazing too!

8. xfemmelesbian

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tonight is a bad body dysmorphic disorder and borderline personality disorder night so I just have been listening to these songs (probably not the best idea when I am feeling this way):

Prom Queen - Beach Bunny (this song describes BDD well although it may be triggering for some people). One part of the lyrics that sticks out to me is “They say beauty is vain, you’ll only be happy if you look a certain way”.

House with no mirrors - Sasha Alex Sloan. This song describes BDD well too and I think the name speaks for itself. Some of the lyrics are “If I lived in a house with no mirrors, where the walls didn’t pick me apart. Maybe my skin would be thicker if I lived in a house with no mirrors”.

Dysmorphia - girli. This song is so relatable for me and probably others who suffer with BDD. Some of the lyrics are: “Don’t tell me to love myself more, I wish it was that simple. ‘Cause she warps my reflection and makes me obsessive. I hate it, I hate it”. These lyrics are from the sufferers point of view but of course it could be changed to any gender!

There are others too that I haven’t listed. There are also songs that I relate to with my BPD but I think I listed some of them in a post above with descriptions. If not some of them are: Why didn’t you stop me? - Mitski, You stupid b*tch - crazy ex girlfriend cast (people with BPD aren’t crazy, nor are people with any other mental illness!), Please don’t leave me - Pink, Hate me - Pink, I hate everyone but you - Elita, B*tch - Meredith Brooks (this has a slightly more upbeat tone to it but it describes BPD very well!).

I hope everyone is doing okay x

#28 xfemmelesbian, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  9. Cinnamoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When You Believe - Whitney Houston ft. Mariah Carey (although I've been listening to the movie version a lot as well...especially the part where the children start singing in Hebrew...it gives me chills everytime...especially when the whole crowd sings the last chorus....makes my heart feel warm everytime...)

Reason this song fits my mood: It always seems to be playing in the back of my mind...even when things feel hopeless...the words filter through my brain and resonate with me...as if reminding me that despite all the dark and evil things happening against the LGBTQ+ community in my state and others...we won't back down...does that make sense? Basically it keeps me going somehow...

11. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This song makes me think of my mom and the promises we couldn't keep...

12. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  13. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly I've been obsessed with this song (and this anime). It describes how I wish I could see my mother again....and how much I miss her.

15. Wanderlost

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  16. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been grieving the loss of a fading friendship with a friend I met in 3rd grade. And this song kind represents my feelings about that...well I have two songs that fit my feelings towards my childhood friend from 3rd grade...

1. I Feel Bad (That I don't feel bad) - Rascal Flatts

2. People You Know - Selena Gomez

17. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been in an odd place mentally lately...not fully depressed but maybe I'm mentally in a cocoon state or something. Maybe this song can describe it...maybe it's just because of everything going on against the LGBTQ+ community? It bothers me a lot.