1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My inner being communicates, my present me just doesn't know how to listen

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by brainwashed, May 2, 2020.

1. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Through very careful and deliberate listening, my inner being will communicate, I just don't know a) the language and b) do not know how to listen.

What do I mean?
    Language: Listening is along the lines of the five and only basic psychological states - anger, fear, sadness, shame, joy.
    When I'm angry my inner being is communicating. When I laugh, my inner being is communicating.
    Ah but when there is shame coupled with a psychological block, my inner being can't communicate. My inner being wants to communicate, it just cant get past the block. I now recognize I now need an antagonist to tease the shame out.

To listen, I meditate and put myself in an enviroment where "nothing is coming at me". What do I mean nothing is coming at me? No news, no internet, no people, etc.

2. Zombi3

Spirituality is a complex subject. It takes a lot of "digging" to understand one's self. Each person develops in their own individual way. I try to learn about myself through the observation of others.

Shame and psychological blocks roots from trauma. I have been trying to understand my own. But it's quite the task as someone who lived very passively I have dismissed most aspects of my life.

Do you remember your past traumas? If so, do you accept them??

3. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spot on. I'm such a great observer of others. I can now see things in others that I have never been able to see in the past. This also applies to movies I've watched in the past and now watch again. I can see more. Way more.

Ok

Very interesting question. I remember some "events" but understandable I do not remember how I felt. Psychological numbness is a very basic human trait. Numbness is a survival mode reaction.

You ask, do I accept them? No, understandable, mainly because I have not had the benefit of therapy yet, I'm still fighting with them.

Thanks for replying

#3 brainwashed, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
  4. Zombi3

Your Welcome.

Fixing one's self is a difficult task, it takes so much digging and evaluation. But in time it can be done. Just keep going! And don't forget to Meditate!!