New and Blue

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by GhostBi, Jul 27, 2019.

1. GhostBi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey everyone! I’m a 25 yo bisexual girl, and I’m struggling so hard with being in-between.
    I’m in a long term relationship with a man, and I feel like my bisexuality is just a squashed topic. Everyone sees it as a phase, people quickly blow past it, no one seems to get it.
    Yes, I’m with a man, no, I’m not straight... I feel like I don’t have any way to express myself!
    Anyone else feeling like this????
    X

2. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For me, I can be "straight" for days, weeks, maybe even months. Then the light switch flips in my head and I am attracted to guys as well. Its fricking annoying. :slight_smile: I have found some non sexual ways to express, if that's what your looking for I can share them with you.

Dean

3. IslandMama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes. Feeling like that all day long. At least if you're out in general, you can remind people when necessary?

I'm afraid of it being a forever-in-the-middle feeling. At least as long as I'm forced to choose by way of monogamy. I really really want both, though! Do you think poly vs monogamy is another type of orientation, or is it just a choice based upon social norms?

Good luck!

4. GhostBi

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just don’t want to be forever bringing it up, if you get me.

I don’t think poly/mono is a type of orientation. I think it’s a social construct. I think poly is a honest and open way to explore relationship options. I think that so many people go against poly, who have and will, cheat on their partners when they need something different.

I think being poly and having it work is a miracle! I love it in theory but can’t see myself not getting jealous!

I wish you loads of luck if you try it!