1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I got back in the closet...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Spaceface, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Jamie92203

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think who ever doesn't want to be your friend is dumb. Who cares about sexuality? It shouldn't matter who likes who it should only matter if that person cares about you and treats you right.

Spaceface likes this.
  2. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree. I wish everybody thought like you.

3. Jamie92203

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks. I wish I can have a friend like you.

Spaceface likes this.
  4. weary

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I think the biggest thing to ensure is that you are honest with yourself. You can closet it for survival whatever with everyone, but to yourself be true. I know I will never be able to willingly openly come out to my parents until my daughter is of age. But to those I can be open and honest with safely know I am lesbian. Most importantly it is not something I will ever deny again to myself.

Until we have full protection under the law, society will never change fully - just my opinion. I know personally those who are fully closeted for their jobs because those who have come out openly to speak up for LGBTQ rights have been fired. It was just on the news a couple weeks ago how someone who was not gay got fired because he was trying to create a safe place for students. Our world has not yet become the accepting place it should be. So you do what you need to just to survive.

Spaceface likes this.
  5. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You too. :slight_smile:
    I'm honest with myself and I know that I am bi, but I don't tell other people.

6. Jamie92203

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate being in the closet but now I might have another reason to stay.

7. Lone Wolfe

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    -> Most of my friends are straight guys, and I'm scared they will not want to be my friends anymore if they found out.

Straight guys can be fun friends. It's especially fun when you know something they don't, and they are none the wiser. I agree you run the risk of them dropping you as a friend if they knew. I recently had a traumatic experience that shook my psych. I freaked out when I looked around and realized I had zero gay friends I could get it off my chest to. Instead, I was surrounded by straight "friends" I could not share it with. You truly need to have some of each group for balance. I ended up getting professional help. I was truly a mess for about three weeks - much better now. My new project is to snag some new friends who are gay, not ruling out one of them being special. Had I found this site three weeks earlier, it would have saved me some money. Everybody miss-steps every once in a while. Don't beat yourself up over it, just fix it.

Spaceface likes this.
  8. Jamie92203

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They can be fun friends until they decide one day they don't want to be their friend because you kept a secret from them or they might automatically think you like them.

9. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah that's my fear. I'm afraid they'll think I like them or something.

Lone Wolfe likes this.
  10. Kheenta

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry that I ignored this thread for a while but I'm back now. I know how you feel here. I know our experiences are not too similar but I hope this will help a little.
    I'm a band nerd. I met some of my closest friends in band. Almost all of them are straight guys. I'm a not straight guy so I faced the same dilemma you do. I wanted to tell them but I had already been bullied for being flamboyant and the like, I was afraid to tell them. I thought they would draw the same conclusion. It just kinda welled up inside me until I couldn't take it. I just said "fuck it".
    So I came out.
    It was set up through a joke. Everything with me is a joke. The joke was something like "Y'all gay?" After all of the boys sitting around me, I think it was 2 or 3, said no I just said, "Well I am". Once it was out and affirmed, they really didn't question it. My worst fears weren't realized. I think that was the moment I became comfortable with my sexuality. I'm kinda open about being not straight. I came out to my family a couple months later.
    So
    I reckon you should just ask them what they think about gay people. They probably are perfectly fine with it depending on what circles you run in. If they're fine with it, just tell them
    I hope I could help

#30 Kheenta, Nov 27, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Spaceface and Lone Wolfe like this.
  11. Frenchfry

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You should have a little faith in your strait friends. I came out to people I thought would leave me and they were actually pretty cool about it

Spaceface likes this.
  12. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That was actually really brave of you. I don't think I'd ever be that brave.

13. Lone Wolfe

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Straight friends will either like you for not bringing it up, hate you for hiding it from them, or be in fear of you believing you only want to pin them down and f*ck them. It is all left up to their imaginations. I never brought it up, thinking they really didn't want to know about such things. Instead, we would do things we were both interested in, and did not talk about sexual exploits. I would not hang around a straight guy who could not keep his pants zipped.

As a side point, I'm pretty sure I've never had sex with a straight guy. I certainly would not pursue one, as I feel it would be a total waste of time. I never had a straight friend ask me to give them a safe gay experience. Never happened. Thinking about it makes me feel weird.

14. UMM ya

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi spaceface, I am really sorry this is happening to you. I am a lesbian middle schooler but I got really lucky because all my friends are really excepting. I know it’s hard but do your best to ignore the bully’s and the haters because they don’t get it. I don’t know if this will help for you but it helps for me; When you are worried about coming out to someone just think about what you want your future to look like because every person you tell is one step closer to that future whether that be a man or a woman!

Spaceface likes this.
  15. Spaceface

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you very much.

UMM ya likes this.