1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Were your friends uncomfortable after you came out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by callistia, Mar 20, 2018.

1. callistia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the response, Mali Mali! I'm glad that your female friends have been supportive. Thank you for all of the advice that you gave. Although you said that it was just your theory, it does make sense, so I'll try it out and see how it goes. Also, don't worry, you explained yourself very well. :grinning:

2. MaxPaws

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just came out to one friend. She was not uncomfortable but I was... Yeah, that seem be weird but i was keep asking myself if she is seriously fine with that and doesn't do that for my own good, what she was thinking about me now, etc

But i feel better now and i don't think to coming out to more persons for now... That was so hard, i don't want to restart that soon :disappointed_relieved:

3. Dlud

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dude im coming out right now over the last 2 weeks n I havent handled it very good. Everyone says it gets better so we'll be alright

4. Federico98

Federico98 Guest

My friends have all been wonderful and supportive :slight_smile:
    I think you should come out to your friends. Maybe coimng out to family cold be difficult (in fact I haven't already) but I wish I had told friends sooner :slight_smile:

5. callistia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I’m glad that your friend wasn’t uncomfortable, but I’m sorry that you were. I don’t think it’s weird for you to come out since a lot of people are probably concerned about whether or not their friends have changed their opinions about you. I’m glad you feel better now, and as many others on here have told me, take this at your own pace! Thanks for the response and sorry that it’s taken me so long to reply.
    Thanks for the reply (and sorry that I took a long time to respond)! I’m glad that your friends were supportive of you. I do think that at least 3-4 of my friends will be supportive of me, but I can’t help from worrying that they’ll only think I’m this close because I’m attracted to them. At the same time, I don’t want to have to keep filtering myself so I don’t out myself before I’m ready. I’m probably overthinking this too much. I’m hoping to come out to my (predicted) most supportive friends either this month or next month. If you end up wanting to come out to your parents, good luck!

6. Sota

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, i think my cousin was uncomfortable a lil bit but he tried his best not to show it. Anyways he is super supportive. I'm planing to come out to my crush soon too. I'll tell her that i'm trans and that i love her. She'll 100% be uncomfortable but i'll try something out.. :grin:

#26 Sota, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  7. Sota

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sry i posted twice

#27 Sota, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  8. Anon2234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    One of the things keeping me from coming out is exactly this, my true friends are a little homophobic and i may lose them as friends if i came out and only having 2 friends that would really suck. I'm 23 and at this point im super miserable being stuck in the closet but there are certain things that i cant control.

9. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not at all, even the friend who said a lot of homophobic shit in high school. People grow up, fortunately.

Tightrope likes this.
  10. Sota

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    People use to say things like this just because they are trying to avoid talking about LGBT+ comunity. I've had similar expirience. My friends would always say "Gay!" to someone who is not interested in some activities and they used to talk bad about lgbt+. But when i came out to those people (few friends) they were completely different, supportive and told me they love me no mather what. I think that society makes someone "hate" us. I've had totaly different expirience with my friends and that encouraged me to come out to more of them in the future and i don't care too much if there will be someone who'll hate me.