1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm turning a corner?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by RJay, Aug 29, 2017.

1. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always wondered why I liked the X-files so much. I knew I didn't particularly like David Duchovny. Omg. Such denial. Such denial. And you all know she's bisexual right? I love her so much. So so SO MUCH.

2. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm ---I sure felt a little more brilliant for a while there.....

....that is until my epic fail with the 'figure out the dating site code word' quiz! :fearful:

NeonSocks and beenthrdonetht like this.
  3. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup! just like we wondered why we liked watching Cagney (oh that Chris Cagney!) and Lacey reruns so much. Thought I just had a particular interest in police and detective work. And yet, I wasn't interested in watching 'Barney Miller' at all.

JUST Cagney and Lacey and Charlies Angels. (And later X-Files for obvious reasons!)

junebug99 and RJay like this.
  4. zumbaqueen

I watched the XFiles because of Gillian. I just didn't tell anyone. I wasn't in denial. I was in hiding. Lol

Lego, dreamingfreely and RJay like this.
  5. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Omg, more true confessions of a woman in love.... Last time V and I went to the movies, we stopped by the cigarette shop and they were out of her brand. The clerk said the company discontinued them. Nat Sherman Fantasia! Dear Lord, the woman was bereft. She told me all about how each pack had five different colors of cigs in it and they were slim which "felt better between her lips" (!). She had TEARS in her eyes. She said that if she was going to be a smoker, the cigarettes had to be PRETTY. Can you even stand it? OMG, she is the girliest girl on the planet. I was consoling her, stroking her hair, and everything. Omg.

Ok, so after that I was so determined to find someplace that had some left. I called all over the city and looked everywhere online. No luck. BUT when I was in New Hampshire, I figured somebody might still have some in the wilderness up there. I brought up Google maps and started calling smoke shops. A place 30 miles north of where I was had one carton of 5 packs left. My friend and I raced up there in my car and got them.

Today, we were going to meet up at the playground after school. I got there and saw her little one's stroller parked out in front while V was in the building. I slipped the carton into her bag. When she came out of the building, I said, "hey, I put a gift into your bag over there hanging on the stroller. Go take a look." She went to see, and when she came back, she had totally and completely lost her mind. "Oh my GOD!!! Where did you find those?!?!?! I've looked everywhere, and I've been so sad! I can't even believe you remembered my brand! I'm going to have to ration them to last me a year!" I told her all about calling every shop in New Hampshire and driving 60 miles round trip to get them for her. She was all, "I can't believe you did that for me! I'm just beside myself with glee! When you told me to look in my bag, I was so confused because I couldn't imagine what it could be!" Yadda yadda. She was sooooo excited. Honestly I'd be the best boyfriend she ever had, haha.

#405 RJay, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    idsm, driedroses, OED27x and 2 others like this.
  6. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I didn't know that!! She was my first TV female crush in college. That was back when I thought any girl crush was a fluke. I remember waking from a dream about her like.. huh. So sexy.

RJay likes this.
  7. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I had these same thoughts but my show was Charmed instead of X-Files. Oh the WB...

8. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I liked that show too. X Files was too scary for me.

9. OED27x

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Of course I know Gillian Anderson is bisexual! Are you CRAZY!?!?!

And, um, RJay, there are so, so , so many things we need to chat about about that cigarette story. Oh how I wish I could bring a bottle of wine over to you place, pour you a glass, pour me a glass, then say, 'are you effing serious she had tears in her eyes about a pack of cigarettes?!?' Oh my god. I never. Who the hell smokes colorful cigarettes? Girl, you got it bad. You called all over for these cigarettes and then found them! And then 'slipped them in her bag'. Omg, that is a great story. You would be her best boyfriend! Lol!

#409 OED27x, Sep 7, 2017
    RJay, NeonSocks, Moonsparkle and 3 others like this.
  10. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OMG, you are absolutely KILLING me!

OED27x likes this.
  11. 0617

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Since, we're highjacking....

Claire Kincaid (Jill Hennessy) Law and Order 1993.....I thought it was just because I wanted to be a lawyer in NYC. I couldn't get X Files because I only had 3 stations where I lived. But I really think Gillian Anderson is hotter now than she was 20 years ago. Have you watched "The Fall"? Jesus.

RJay, Moonsparkle and OED27x like this.
  12. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My Mom knew Jill Hennessey's grandmother. They lived in the same city as me. The Fall is the best show! And so is The Killing.

0617 and RJay like this.
  13. Orchidea123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Keeping up with multi topic thread here:
    I do have an accent too @zumbaqueen , and my grammar sucks due to being bilingual.

Wish I was in NY to check out that bar. But I am someplace else, in escape from where @Soundofmusic is.

@RJay, I felt same way before: like Noooo way I want to see her again after long vacation. Things would fall into their own place and then back to the 'other' normal. Ugh.
    I really like those lines you are planning on saying. And then, taking bull (V?) by her horns in case she starts to giggle and brush things off.
    I agree, not too confrontational about Love, feelings so on.
    Think if her as L. You had no problem working it out with L. I actually like L better in this plot of yours. She seemed pretty open and direct. I like that.

#413 Orchidea123, Sep 7, 2017
    RJay likes this.
  14. leb10

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh RJay - that's really sweet. You probably would be her best boyfriend. And you physically called many places and spoke to actual people on your phone during the search!? If that's not love, I'm not sure what is in our day and age. I'm with OEDx27 on the whole colored cigarette thing but hey, we all really like the things we like right? And it's even better when other people know the specific things that are meaningful to us. You really do have it bad for her. But remember that you will be an amazing girlfriend to the right girl. You are a catch. You should tell yourself that in the mirror.

Any weekend plans between you guys yet?

#414 leb10, Sep 7, 2017
    junebug99 and RJay like this.
  15. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok group trip from here to the U.S via Ireland. Someone start looking for flights and cheap hotels.

And Rjay i hate to say this but you're acting like a puppy trying to get attention and love from its owner. Just how much grief would you give one of your friends if they were the one telling you the cigarette story

16. Rana

Rana Guest

RJay,
    Your effort to make V happy with the cigarettes is very sweet. I hope she knows your value. I didn't feel valued sometimes in my last relationship. They say one of the signs of love is that you never will feel under appreciated by your partner. I wish that for all of us.

idsm, junebug99, RJay and 1 other person like this.
  17. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok...off on a tangent...why can't I figure out the "averaged winged matchmaker"??! :face_palm:

driedroses likes this.
  18. dreamingfreely

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Don't feel bad I can't either. I wonder if it is gay dating site or open to all.

19. Stuck42

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally JUST got it right after I typed that!!! Haha!!!! That took me forever! Lol

driedroses and NeonSocks like this.
  20. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is, a group rate at a cheap hotel in the vicinity of the lesbian bar that begins with C! :joy: :tropical_drink::wine_glass::cocktail::champagne_glass:

SquareBiz, junebug99 and NeonSocks like this.