1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone hate talking about their sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tre, Mar 29, 2017.

1. MaoKingofcats

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on the person. I have a really nice friend that understands my orientation and doesn't judge about it. I feel like I can talk to anything about it with him since he also identifies as pansexual.

2. KnucklesNation

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know if I hate it, but there is a bit of awkwardness when I talk about my sexuality to people; like this new group of friends I have. Maybe it's because I'm not used to being so open about it or better yet, around individuals who are open to it.

3. Joelouis

I don't like it one bit.
    I've spoken to literally one - maybe two members on here but that's it. Why do I not like talking about it? Beats me.

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Most of it depends on the person sometimes I'm ok if they are not homophobic

5. Blackrainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe I'm in the minority, but I enjoy talking about my sexuality, so long as the person asking is genuinely curious and/or supportive. There's people who claim to be okay with it, but still seem like they'd rather not actually hear about things in that regard. I want to know about my friends and their love lives, and it would be nice to be able to talk about mine too, though I really only have one friend who I believe is completely comfortable with me talking about those sort of things. I think if it stopped being seen as an awkward thing to talk about, a lot of people would be more comfortable in their own skin and more trusting of the people around them.

6. UrsulaJay

I am still figuring mine out so I am a little afraid to say. Part of me is glad nobody's asked me.

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't go out of my way to talk about my sexuality, but I don't hate to talk about it. It is what it is and when it's relevant to mention it, I will. The last time I mentioned it was Tuesday this week at the supermarket, when the store assistant asked if my wife does a lot of baking. I replied: "Actually, I'm gay and it's my husband who does all of the baking. I just eat it!" :lol:

8. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As great as I've been feeling lately from coming out, I find myself feeling this way. I don't want to become the gay person who can't stop talking about their sexuality. Also, as someone who has experienced terrible reactions from coming out to the wrong people, in my now distant past, I can definitely relate to how you're feeling. I can only hope that one day you'll meet kind, compassionate people who are accepting.

#28 PlantSoul, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  9. Wolfwing

I'm only semicomfortable with talking about it with one person, but with everyone else, we never talk about it.

10. Tritri

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I find it an unimportant topic. Hence I usually only post on the areas here that are unrelated to LGBT topics.

11. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Depends. People who i'm not close to or don't trust emotionally? Hell yeah. People i'm friends with and my siblings, not really.

12. juxlia

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Other than coming out, I'd rather not talk about it irl. Perhaps this is partially because of the fact that I'm not stereo-typically queer ("you don't look gay") and most people tend to forget, which then leads to it being a huge conversation.

13. wrappingpaper

I've always been uncomfortable talking about it to anyone. Whenever someone's tried to bring it up at some stage, I've just literally said it makes me feel uncomfortable. Either that, or I've just gone silent if I've been part of a larger conversation and the topic has come up for whatever reason. I've no idea why.

14. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm weird on this. I don't like to mention it outloud, even if a person already knows or if I know they are accepting. I don't mind coming out, but I just don't like saying outloud to a person the words "I'm gay". I don't mind talking about guys, and I don't mind discussing LGBT related topics. It's just me talking about me being gay that makes me a bit uncomfortable.

#34 Skaros, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  15. fuz

fuz

I don't even know how to explain it!

16. Rook

I like talking about girls with people (usually straight men), but the tricky thing is that to do so, while not anonymous, would out myself.

17. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think my orientation is so irrelevant these days, and it's the least interesting thing me. Plus, if I don't know you, then you don't need to know.

18. Libertino

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I dislike talking about my sexuality for how do I even talk about it? "I'm asexual, but not entirely", "I'm demisexual, but some people think this term is bullshit..." I can't put a definite label on my sexuality, so it's difficult to talk about. For "intents and purposes", I say I'm asexual, but even this is an awkward discussion topic. Who wants to answer, "so do you masturbate? Do you get boners?" (mind you, these are actual questions I've received after revealing my asexuality, albeit online). Sexuality is a worthy topic to discuss. My sexuality is not.

19. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I enjoy it, actually. I just hate when people assume I feel uncomfortable with it. A girl just asked me about how it feels like to fall in love with another girl and a few boys told her to shut up, saying that it's just like falling in love with a guy. Honestly? I'd rather answer that for myself than let somebody else say it.

20. RMember1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never discuss it with people I'm not close to, but with friends and some family I'm not as reserved.