1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion on your name

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lacybi, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Finally come around to going with Isaac (Zac) after working through a load of others. Name choosing was a lot harder than I thought it'd be, I've still got my middle name to go yet, any ideas?

2. Hizaki

How many syllables does your last name have?

With Isaac, I feel like a two-syllable middle name works well, but with Zac, I would say you need it to be more than one.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last name has two syllables and starts with S. Yeah that's actually a good point, I'll have to keep the amount of syllables in mind

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, I think I figured out my name. I'm going to keep AJ, but it will be Adam Jerick rather than Alexander Jerick. I'm also thinking about having a second middle name; so my name so far is Adam Jerick Wade (last name).

What do you think?

#24 Daydreamer1, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  5. TheSideKick

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I like it! Adam Jerick, it has a nice ring to it and all the Adams I know are pretty cool guys(coincidently I know Adam Derick and he is hilarious)

I actually like my birth name since it's unique and I haven't met anyone else who has it. However it is more feminine than neutral and some find my name too strange to remember correctly. So I have been thinking after some searching of going by Leon for short(still has L as the first letter and all the letters in it are in my name also) What do you think?

6. TicTacsAndCoke

I think it's a good idea.

What do you think of the name Quennell for me? (btw sorry I only have two pictures of me in my album; every other picture I tried to upload was rotated to the right and it was annoying me)

7. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm currently leaning towards Emma (umm, because I love Emma Stone) but I'm not sold on it. My birth name is Russell (means red-headed, which I am) and I was called Rusty when I was little, but I'm not a huge fan of that name either (negative associations w/ childhood issues. Unfortunately, I have a difficult last name to pair first names with too. Also, have played around with Alex/Alexa, Britney (it's Britney, bitch!), and Erin.

I just uploaded some actual pics of me to begin documenting my transition, starting with my retirement from the Marine Corps (May 2014) and a recent pic, just after my last haircut in hopefully a long time.

TIA!

8. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, love your hair! :icon_bigg

Second, it's such a unique name - what's the origin and what does it mean to you? I like it, but I'm a meaning kind of girl.

Third, same issue with my pics. Super irritating.

9. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    AggieJAG, I like Emma. It's a pretty name:slight_smile:
    I'm thinking of Jamie. It's unisex which I like, and close enough to my given name that I'll respond to it. Christopher as a middle name, after my dad.

10. TicTacsAndCoke

First: thanks! The short hair is my first try bobby pinning it up because my mom doesn't want me to get it cut until I leave the house. Oh well. I'm 16 and going to college in two years. I'll get it cut then.

Second: Quennell means "woman battle." To me, it means feminism. I'm kind of into war right now and I feel like the name expresses that if you look at what it means. There were so many influential women in wars in history--Deborah Sampson and Margaret Corbin come to mind--and I feel like this is me paying homage to those badass women who not only helped fight against the British in the American Revolution but also helped fight in other wars around the world.

Third: I thought it was just me! The pictures I were uploading were uploaded to another website sideways at first, and I thought that was the issue! I had taken them on my phone and put them on the website and then I saved them to my laptop. I thought that was the problem!

11. lnamae

lnamae Guest

Emma Stone is beautiful <3

I like the name Emma. Alex is nice too. Oh, Erin spelt the 'Eryn' way, it has to be in my top favourite names :icon_bigg All of these sounds pretty great!

I'm still deciding but I'm thinking Asher, Ashlen, or Ashe.

#31 lnamae, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  12. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    @Quennell... LOVE it! What a great name!! OMG! Re: the pictures, I deleted mine and then used the edit feature on my phone to crop them just a bit and then they worked fine. Beats me why, but hey, it works.

@lnamae, I like Ashlen (or Ashlyn) and Ashe.

13. Salaman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel disconnect with my birth name, so I'm trying to figure out the best way I can to change it (with money). It's hard to spell and pronounce to folks.

14. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Check out this link on how to change your name in Georgia: Georgia | National Center for Transgender Equality

Hope this helps!

15. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the name Alexander - I myself was going to go by Alec, up until I remembered that my sister is called Alexandra. So I changed it to Oliver. Middle names Thomas and James. Much better than my old name :slight_smile:

16. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like your name - it has a nice ring to it (*hug*) Sometimes it takes a bit of changing around to find a full name that fits but I'm glad you have!

--

It has taken me a while to get used to the name Jacob/Jake, and I was pretty unsure if I would go by it at first. But now I quite like it and it feels like my name now which is great. I was thinking of using a name that starts with M for a middle name (probably two syllables?)

Any opinions on my first name or advice for a middle would be appreciated (though I'll just experiment around a bit in the meantime!)

#36 Alder, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  17. FreeFlow9917

Ive thought about mine for years before i realized i was a girl. My current name is Nash (great idea for a guy name if you havent thought of one). My girl name at the moment is natasha. I was also thinking of aurora

18. randomconnorcon

I like Natasha. Aurora is pretty, too, there's just something about Natasha that's really nice. Good luck with your decision. :slight_smile:

So I feel pretty confident with my name now, not just in a 'I like it' way but in a 'this name is definitely what I'm gonna make legal' way.

Ciarán Antony Samuel H.

My requirements when searching for my first name were Irish (like my mum's maiden name, which is my pseudonym for writing) and Begins with a C (like most of my siblings). Ciarán just... fits for me, I guess.

My dad's middle name is Anthony (his first name is Stephen, which is my youngest sibling's middle name) and if my mum had had two (biological) boys, one of us was gonna be called Antony. So it felt nice to have it and have a bit of both parents.

Samuel is the male form of my birth name and was never going away.

H is the start of my last name.

I decided to keep my (soon to be) legal first name and the first name of my pseudonym the same: Ciarán James (the name people asked me to be and the middle name of about three of my family members, so fitting) W. I wanted the names to be the same because writing will be my job and my life basically. So nicknames are Cash and C.J. (People like Cash, others have already started calling me C.J.)

What do you think?

#38 randomconnorcon, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  19. EnchanterForest

I am almost the opposite of you, but to me Trevor seems gender neutral. But that might be just me.

For me I go by Harper (at school and stuff(It is my birth name)) but I am not sure about it. I go by Forest on the internet. And both suit me but I am not sure which I should say my name is to people I don't know. Like if you walked up to me now and asked what my name was I would probably be like uh I dunno.

---------- Post added 1st Apr 2016 at 02:24 PM ----------

Think it would suit you.

I have a character called Celeste Jameson and some of their friends called them C.J.

20. FreeFlow9917

I might also consider Athena. Feels narcissistic though