1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spelling and Grammar in Relationships.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Siarad, Dec 11, 2015.

1. karenisverysad

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good grammar and good English. I've dated people before with neither and it made our relationship difficult because I couldn't understand her, and I guess sometimes she couldn't understand me.

2. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm totally okay with shorthand and grammar mistakes in texting-my shorthand used to be the worst. Eg going was gg. But irl, their grammar and all must be good. If not I'll go mad.

3. setnyx

if i can understand what the text says, i don't care. i'm lousy spelling so texting is great for me.

4. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spelling/grammar is one of the last things on my mind unless they're delivering total txt spk. The way I see it is, it isn't a college essay! If they put in a little bit of effort... that's enough. I've known very intelligent people that don't give a half a damn about their grammar, so... better not judge too quickly :grin:

5. littleraven

I don't mind errors. It does bug me when people do not use proper grammar, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. As for spelling, for some reason, I think occasional spelling errors are kinda cute. It would bug me a little if everything is abbreviated. It throws me off when I'm trying to read and thus makes it harder to understand.

#25 littleraven, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  6. crazydiamond

I met my girlfriend on a dating site. And I just can't talk to someone who types like "hey wat r u doin" it just makes me cringe because even if the person is intelligent, I can't imagine having a deep conversation in that text. It makes the person look bad. I never responded to any messages I got that were written like that. I'm a writer and I need to talk to someone who doesn't think it's too much work type whole words. But typos and not always punctuating, that's not a big deal.

#26 crazydiamond, Dec 16, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Well there are more important things

8. plant

I don't really care

9. KingdomKeyDK

Well... I'M a grammar Nazi. My partner, on the other hand.... Couldn't care less. It makes me cringe when I see something spelled wrong or something like that, but what makes him the most adorable person ever is the fact that he'll go back and just say, "Welp. There's always next time." XD