1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you the most (and least) dysphoric about?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RavenTheRat, Sep 28, 2015.

1. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I like doing things like this. I feel like it helps to share what you struggle the most and least with.
    So please do!

For me, I'm least dysphoric about my breasts. Yes, I said that. Mainly because my breasts are EFFING TINY. Like, an A-- cup. Seriously. If I wear a loose shirt I can barley see them, which is probably why it never bothered me. It bothers me a lot more in the shower or when I'm wearing tight shirts though. I still want them gone of course.

For what I'm most dysphoric about, my voice. I love singing, but I hate with a passion the fact that I don't have a rich, deep voice like Anthony Warlow or Johnny Depp ;;
    I've stopped singing. I'm in chorus next year......... but until then I won't sing. I've stopped doing covers, everything.
    Singing is my passion. But I'm not happy when I do it anymore ;;
    Voice change is literally my number one concern in transitioning, even above top surgery

#1 RavenTheRat, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  2. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's interesting, because for me it's the other way around. My voice is the thing I'm least dysphoric, about because I've always had kind of a deep, kind of gruff, voice for someone who is (biologically) female. It's not much of a stretch to sound like a guy.

On the other hand, these stupid things on my chest that refuse to go away even when I wear a tight-ass sports bra... they irk me. [​IMG]

#2 ThatBorussenGuy, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  3. Khaleesix

I mostly hate the fact that unless I come out to the entire world on social media or something, no one other than the people I tell know that I'm queer. So I feel like my chances of finding a girlfriend are genuinely slim because I'm not out to everyone around me and I don't really use social media other than snapchat. I wish there was a way people would know I'm queer without having to tell them and also at the same time not being super obvious like wearing a tshirt that says "IM GAY". It bothers me a lot.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My chin and nose. Funny though. My mom is the one who gave me the chin...

I'm not overly dysphoric over "down there"' I can just cover it up.

5. ThroughTheMist

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm most dysphoric about my chest. Those things don't belong there. Least dysphoric about my voice.

6. TheRealTheaJane

I've managed to suppress most dysphoria through sheer willpower, however:

Most dysphoric- definitely my flat chest and skinny legs. I need hips! Oh, and also being referred to as "mate" and "dude" etc. :tears:

Least dysphoric- my attitude. I will always be crazy, loud me. Oh, and hair- that can be electrolicuted and shaved =^.^=

Also, not sure if this counts, but the strongest dysphoria is whenever I see a girl-girl couple. It's just jealousy, sadness and self-irritation with not being there yet. Does anyone else get this, or did they pre-transition? x

7. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most dysphoric - everything??? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: more specifically chest, hips, height, and my stupidly feminine face shape

Least dysphoric - I'm pretty dysphoric about my chest but it's really small so binding gets it really flat and a lot of the time I don't have to think about it; I don't have a whole lot of bottom dysphoria because it's something I just don't think about much

8. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most Dysphoric: Breasts probably. I don't even have that large a chest but it still really really bothers me.

Least Dysphoric: idk, I have nitpicks about everything. Maybe stereotypes? I could easily be "stereotypically male".

9. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Periods. F*** them so much.

2. Breasts. I have a really small chest too, but if anything reminds me of their existance, I become immediately sick to my stomach.

3. Female body fat distribution... Hips, butt, thighs, curvy hourglass shape, lower belly uteran pooch (*gag*), round face, skinny arms, impossible to grow muscles. You get the picture.

4. Voice... I hate my voice, even though it's a lower register than most cis-girls, it still sounds disgusting. It is for this reason I never even attempted to sing.

5. Unmentionables. Yeah I'd like to have a manly you-know-what and not a squishy cheeky thingy.

6. Height. I was blessed to surpass the genetic female height curse that runs in my family (where ya don't make it to 5 foot) and am now 5'5. Though that's still rather short for a guy...

7. Muscles + hair. I want manly muscles.... And a beard... and chest hair... and leg hair...and belly hair...

8. Adam's apple. For a pointy bone that sticks out of your neck, that's one odd source of extreme envy. For some reason it is just strangely appealing to me to have an Adam's apple - I've always wished I had one since I was a little kid.

9. Clothes and hairstyles

10. Pronouns/name

10. Acm

Acm Guest

Most: tempted to say everything because it really feels that way sometimes. I guess the worst stuff for me is 1) chest 2) hips 3) unmentionable parts

Least: maybe my voice? I don't like it but I don't notice it too often. I used to be good at ignoring name/pronoun stuff but it's been worse lately

11. AxxeMyrmidon

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Most dysphoric: periods

Least dysphoric: breasts, pronouns/name

12. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Least: Shark week (if that counts since I haven't dealt with it in months)

Most: Voice

13. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's hard to pick just one thing. Chest drives me nuts when I take my binder off, my voice on certain days, 'blood moons', and sometimes my bottom. I cringe when anyone uses female pronouns or my full birth name (just stop talking...). The most irritating is my chest and body in general; even though I'm strong, I want some more bulk. Being 4'10" is annoying but I'm not the only short guy.

14. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, yes, how could I forget about "shark week"? [​IMG] The recurring nightmare of many a transguy who still has to put up with it.

15. jusataqueerhere

Out Status:
    Some people
    I can get pretty dysphoric about my breasts (I'm a large C cup) and my walk, especially (I have big hips and cant. walk. like. a. man.)

I'm totally fine with my voice, face, butt, and stuff

But yeah those other things really irk me

16. jewell

Least: my genitals
    most: freaking facial hair!
    Im Going to buy a flash and go thing from bed bath and beyond this friday and post on my wall weekly about how it works.

17. AshleyDi

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My biggest phoebe and hate is my body hair, mainly my face, my second most unwelcoming member is my thing, I never agreed or loved having it, it has always been a disgusting part of me. Third is the fact that regardless of how I feel, think and imagine, I wake up every day, and despise the physical picture I see every time I have to look into the mirror to either shave, or brush my teeth. 99% of the time my eyes will be focused on the sink when I am shaving or doing my teeth,which is why I started to do those things in the shower. At home, a foggy mirror does not bother me, it's the clear mirror that hates me. It's so bad I even avoid my own shadow, because I know that somewhere along the way I was cursed to live my life as a male because maybe in my past life/s I fucked up as a girl, and now I must live this life as the guy who she despised all the time for no reason. Schade weg zum leben, aber Ich muss, und Ich wurde diese scheiss schafen.

Ashley.

18. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never really been to dysphoric, at least not since I was 17.

What gets me is thinking about how I could grow into an old woman, instead of the man I could be. As well thinking how a relationship would be if I don't transition.

Beyond that I deal with everything else just fine. I've always had a more boyish look then others, and though my chest is large I can ignore it well enough. Downstairs is only a problem during masturbation. Shark week only bothers me when the cramps are bad, but that is problem for anyone trans or cis.

19. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most: my junk or transphobic people (I want them to accept that I'm a trans guy. It's not like I'm wanting to steal their souls!)

An honourable mention has to go to trans chasers, but despite some commendable efforts over the years, our fetish-crazed friends didn't win 1st place in the annoyance contest.

Least: almost everything else.

20. randomconnorcon

Hmm... from most to least, I think it'll have to be:

1, breasts. Just too big and completely unnecessary. Just no. I wanna go shirtless to the pool and stuff, man.

2, female fast distribution. Okay... why? I don't want any of it in any of these places.

3, the difference between men exercising, losing weight and gaining muscle and women doing the same thing. I should be the first one, dammit.

4, periods. Yes, they suck. But usually I get a cramp the day before it starts, a warning of sorts, and while that warning hurts like a bitch and lasts pretty much the whole day I'm not new to pain and the rest of the time is just blood. I'm not bothered by blood, I can ignore that. I don't like mixing sanitary towels with boxer briefs and I can't wait for it to stop completely, but I know how to ignore it.

5, my voice. It's not high on my list of priorities because I apparently sound like a prepubescent boy to some (a girl to others). Want it deeper, though.

Bonus: my junk. Natural growth on T will do for me, I think. I most hate what others can see, the only people who will see my junk are me and any partner I may have in the future. And I'll be making sure they wanna stick around before we get to that. If we get to that; I'm not against sex or anything, but I'm asexual so it's not high on my bucket list. Also, not having as much 'guy' clothes as I want. Most of my clothes are unisex, so it doesn't bother me too much, and I've got some. Tried to get rid of the most girly clothes. Mostly, it's boxer briefs and shirts I want. Oh, and swim shorts. I might be going away next summer, I wanna be out before then.

#20 randomconnorcon, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015