1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you want a zombie apocalypse to happen?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lawrence, Sep 6, 2015.

?

Do you want a zombie apocalypse to happen?

1. No

57 vote(s)
    60.6%
  2. Maybe

22 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. Yes

15 vote(s)
    16.0%
  1. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Out of every extinction level event that could ever happen a zombie/disease outbreak is by far the most boring of them all. I'd much rather see a meteor strike or supervolcanic eruption kill everyone on earth.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the point of zombies is that people want to be one of the few to emerge from the initial wave of deaths and then look at the bizarre, empty landscape left behind. With something like a mega-disaster, there's pretty much no chance of being able to survive with a scavenging lifestyle. And you can't shoot meteors or volcanoes in the head. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#62 Argentwing, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Who would want to survive a zombie outbreak? With zombies, it doesn't even matter if you live or die, either way you're fucked.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

It depends.

I find zombie outbreaks fascinating because, slowly, it chips away at the stoic, riles up the insecure, and breaks the strong. It, bit by bit, catastrophe by catastrophe, loss by loss, removes each and every layer of an individual, sometimes painfully and other times willingly, until, finally, you see just what makes them tick -- what they do, why they endure, who they are.

You don't necessarily get that with a more impressive or quick strike, such as a meteor or volcano incident, and that, to me, is why I find it interesting.

Also, I have mad scientist tendencies.

#64 Kaiser, Sep 11, 2015
  5. Kinky

Kinky Guest

I suppose you're going to let a zombie bite you to see what the other side has to offer?

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

No, because I wouldn't be able to spectate, nor possibly comprehend, the effects on society as a member of the undead. I may have mad scientist tendencies, but madness does not equate to foolish!

=P

#66 Kaiser, Sep 11, 2015
  7. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

There's nothing that would happen that hasn't been done repeatedly in many zombie games and movies and that's why zombies are forever something I don't have any interest in. I'd rather watch a force of nature kill humanity since there's an element of Karma there I can appreciate

8. thepandaboss

Oh hell no. I'm not trying to bag on myself but I don't think I'd survive. Plus, with all those shambling, walking corpses and unwashed masses of survivors, it'd stink.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

This is true... and a very good point. However, there is one major difference to all of that and this... we are simply spectators there, and in the context of this question we would actually experience it. It's easy to discuss what we'd do and how we'd feel, but until we're thrown into that, we don't absolutely know. Myself included, though I have a firm belief as to how I'd function. This is what intrigues me, not so much the zombies themselves (for the reasons you mentioned).

I'm curious as to who would rise up and who would buckle. But, also, in a morbidly deep sort of way, I want to endure and survive, so that what remains of the world may be molded into whatever the survivors decide.

But I'm looking at the great beyond of such an event, and how motivated I'd be to reach the end. I feel like, despite the chaos and decay, I'd flourish in both skill and personality, and improving myself is something I take pride in. Then again, I'm also weird...

#69 Kaiser, Sep 11, 2015
  10. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    no,but i am prepared as the saying goes "Hope for the best prepare for the worst"

11. Ashley2103

If it did happen, I would take the nearest boat and go to an island. Then all I would need to do is fish/use the island's resources. And voila, apocalypse escaped, unless there were zombie fish/crabs/birds/seals.

But no, I do not want a zombie apocalypse to happen.

#71 Ashley2103, Sep 11, 2015
  12. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No thanks. A zombie apocalypse is in my list of things that are pretty interesting and might be exciting (depending on how you use the word) in theory, but absolutely not in practice.

I mean it can be cool and fun in video games but in real life I'd rather not be spending every day on the run from zombies hell bent on destruction and watching the people I love have to do the same- and really for there to be little meaning to it all besides violence and a lot of undead grunting.

Eventually we'd all probably be dead or zombies by the end of course, but if we must have an apocalypse that eventually wipes out or changes the human race, it'd be nice to not have it be so incredibly messy.

13. Riyuzaki

Riyuzaki Guest

I'm going to say no.
    It would be interesting, of course, and thrilling, if you survive the initial outbreak.
    If.
    And even then, zombies aren't my thing.
    I'm that type of person who likes 'human-only apocalypse', which means no zombies, aliens etc. Now, a nuclear war which resulted in a bleak future for mankind, or a series of natural disasters caused by shifting of the Earth's poles, or drastic rise of the sea level seem very appealing to me. Also, after the event(s) , other people opress other people, so try to survive in that environment.
    But no zombies.

14. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The better question would be why would I want that to happen??

What's with everyone's obsession with zombies lately?

15. PerfectlyNormal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Most of the human population would not be affected (they never act like they have a brain anyway).

16. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

No. That is all. It can't happen. Goodbye.

17. RandomMatt

Aren't we currently living in one? The first people to have had their brains eaten were Trump and the whole ISIS organization.

A vampire apocalypse like in I Am Legend would be way cooler though.

18. wolf of fire

I want it, I want to see us crumble and fall, humanity has almost reached God level; it is time for it to fall.
    I doubt I would survive, but in a weird way I want to be a Zombie, I want to be mindless and most of all I want to know where I belong and say what you like about them they know where they belong.

19. rudysteiner

Nope. I'd rather the whole world just die simultaneously, and then slowly, as the years go by, nature will take over again, starting with the flowers, the trees and the insects. Shortly after, the birds will come, from the Hummingbirds to the Condor and the Ostrich. The Lion, Rhino and Elephant population in Africa will become infinitely stable, the Panda population in China will become infinitely stable, the Snow Leopard population in Afghanistan will become infinitely stable, the Iberian Lynx population in Spain will become infinitely stable and Wolf packs and Bears will roam the United Kingdom once again. Some of the herbivorous dinosaur species may even return, and then one day, millions of years later, out of a dark cave, a disgusting, solitary neanderthal will emerge only to be flattened with one swipe of the Brontosaurus' tail. Eventually, though, the humans will return and reside in the mountains, but with them, they'll bring magic in all forms. Potions, enchanted plants, spells, you name it. With the return of the humans will come the dragons and the drakes of your wildest dreams.

But that's just an ideal world for me..

This was my initial reaction. :lol:

20. Yosia

Yeah.

I mean, like Kaiser, I'd probably be more useful in that sorta situation because of the fact that I'm a fairly dark person, and I take things as they come and it usually doesn't phase me, giving me a strength over those who become easily flustered.

And it'd create strong communities because people can't live happily alone.

#80 Yosia, Sep 12, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2015