Falling for someone's personality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LW995, Aug 4, 2015.

1. LW995

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know the gay community tends to be viewed as pretty shallow, only interested in looks and stuff like that. Just... Have any of you ever fallen in love with a person just because who they are, and the fact wether they are attractive becomes irrelevant (or less important).

I actually summed it up pretty well when chatting with a friend
    "You know, the kind of people who brighten up your day by simply being themselves, who's personality gives them a certain 'glow'. Just who they are makes them attractive."

2. Van

Van

I have! For me potential boyfriend's personality is way more important than his looks. If I fall for your personality, I'd most likely find you cute, anyway.

#2 Van, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  3. A Person

I know someone like that, its probably one of the things keeping me going honestly.

4. LW995

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, know someone like that too.. I've been kinda into him for a few months. Recently I told him he means a lot to me and he's also pretty cute. His reaction was just "really?" and it was the cutest thing c:

What I love about most people who fit into this category is that they're so ignorant of the fact their personality just makes them radiate attractiveness

5. richr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm don't know about love, but I have never had a full-on crush on anyone based solely on looks. It's always been about the whole package.

With my crushes the physical attractiveness grows as I become more captivated by their character.

6. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Yep, in high school there was a girl in my class who was considered ugly by most people (even by me), but her kindness made me look past her physical faults.

She never reciprocated my love, but I didn't care. Until she lied to my face and fucked me over. After that point I could see the religious fanatic, lying, ugly bitch who she really was.

7. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    The first guy I fell in love with was because of his personality and he was just fun to be with. Tbh he was also cute, so that was a bonus. We were also close, we could tell each other anything. He's what I would consider the only guy I had a connection with. He is straight but I don't care. He's my best friend.

8. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did. I fell in love with a guy for whom I had no attractions whatsoever until we grew close friends and I discovered his many qualities and his wonderful personality. Next minute I was head over-heel for him and was considered the most attractive guy in town for me.