1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling for someone's personality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LW995, Aug 4, 2015.

1. LW995

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know the gay community tends to be viewed as pretty shallow, only interested in looks and stuff like that. Just... Have any of you ever fallen in love with a person just because who they are, and the fact wether they are attractive becomes irrelevant (or less important).

I actually summed it up pretty well when chatting with a friend
    "You know, the kind of people who brighten up your day by simply being themselves, who's personality gives them a certain 'glow'. Just who they are makes them attractive."

2. Van

Van

I have! For me potential boyfriend's personality is way more important than his looks. If I fall for your personality, I'd most likely find you cute, anyway.

#2 Van, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  3. A Person

I know someone like that, its probably one of the things keeping me going honestly.

4. LW995

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, know someone like that too.. I've been kinda into him for a few months. Recently I told him he means a lot to me and he's also pretty cute. His reaction was just "really?" and it was the cutest thing c:

What I love about most people who fit into this category is that they're so ignorant of the fact their personality just makes them radiate attractiveness

5. richr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm don't know about love, but I have never had a full-on crush on anyone based solely on looks. It's always been about the whole package.

With my crushes the physical attractiveness grows as I become more captivated by their character.

6. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Yep, in high school there was a girl in my class who was considered ugly by most people (even by me), but her kindness made me look past her physical faults.

She never reciprocated my love, but I didn't care. Until she lied to my face and fucked me over. After that point I could see the religious fanatic, lying, ugly bitch who she really was.

7. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    The first guy I fell in love with was because of his personality and he was just fun to be with. Tbh he was also cute, so that was a bonus. We were also close, we could tell each other anything. He's what I would consider the only guy I had a connection with. He is straight but I don't care. He's my best friend.

8. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did. I fell in love with a guy for whom I had no attractions whatsoever until we grew close friends and I discovered his many qualities and his wonderful personality. Next minute I was head over-heel for him and was considered the most attractive guy in town for me.