1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you enjoy alcohol?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by itsmary, Apr 18, 2015.

?

Do you enjoy alcohol?

Poll closed May 8, 2015.
  1. YES!

31.5%
  2. Sometimes

28.8%
  3. Not really

20.5%
  4. Never been drunk

19.2%
  1. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never developed a taste for alcohol, and the number of times I had something, I can count on both hands. :slight_smile:

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. I've been accused of being an alcoholic, but only in jest (I hope). I do like wine a lot. And cider. And vodka mixed with juice. Or JD and coke

I think it's quite normal for people in Europe to start drinking at an early age. Seems heavy drinking has been ingrained for centuries. I don't remember my first drink but do remember the first time I got drunk at 14. My mum was really pissed off.

#22 imnotreallysure, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  3. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Don't like the taste...

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This isn't exactly an unbiased poll when the option at one end is "YES!" and the option at the other is "Not really" :slight_smile:

Just sayin'.

5. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I'm drunk I get very very loud and find everything way funnier than it should be. It also gets me to loosen up a little, which can only be doing me a favor.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My sentiments exactly. I just never developed a taste for it. If other people want to drink, that's fine with me. I don't like it when they try to push it on me. Depending on the year after reaching the age of majority, the number of drinks I've had has varied from 0 to a handful. If I never had another alcoholic drink in my life, I'd be ok with that.

Also, just because someone doesn't care for alcohol doesn't mean they don't like sex! Let's not forget that!

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I personally dislike alcohol. Not to the point I'd smash somebody's bottle, but enough to where I don't casually consume it myself. The only times I'll drink are if there is some special occasion, like an engagement or a New Year's toast, but even then that's a shot or two.

Not a fan of the taste or the way it upsets my stomach. Ironically, the only thing I can drink, without stomach issues, is Everclear mixed with Hawaiian Punch.

I've never been drunk, and beyond a nominal curiosity, have no real desire to be. But if everybody else in my life is any indication, I'd be either an angry or annoying drunk.

But I'm down with anybody who wants, and is sensible about their drinking, to do so. We all have our ways to wind down and relax. Mine just happens to be a herb you burn.

8. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Not really, I think It's trash. Only had two drinks in my lifetime.

9. DeanH

Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really a fan. I haven't drank at all this year and I only had one pint last year. I tend to make poor decisions on alcohol.

10. timo

Hell yeah.

11. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to drank and I do enjoy it a few times a month especially when l lived with my boyfriend but no since i temporary live with my parents i am very restricted in that area. They are very sensitive in the use of alcohol and one time i tried to hide it my mom found the room in a what I thought was a good hiding spot and she just got all scared I was drinking away my problems. So yeah no drinking unless I am away from the house or upstairs with my parents drinking with them. It sucks it really does lol.

12. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I'm actually allergic to alcohol, so I can't enjoy a nice drink with my friends. Sad face.

13. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I dont enjoy it, it dosnet taste great and can leave you feeling like shit the next day.

14. Ryu

Ryu

Why no 'I'm a minor so I can't drink.' Option? C'mon...

Oh, on the subject of minors drinking, the first time one if rammstein's guitarists got drunk was at something like 14 when he asked his dad for a beer, so he did but had to have the whole pint... He was sick.... Ha...

#34 Ryu, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  15. Im Hazel

I like wine. My dad & grandad are wine buffs, so I have tried some fairly nice stuff. I have wine and various similar beverages from time to time, but hard stuff isn't my thing. I get really sick if I drink too much, which isn't a lot for me. Oh, and I have never really been drunk.

16. QuixoticSJ

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Well, I can't drink anymore, due to medicine I take, but a nice cabernet with a steak or a pint of stout at a pub or a caucasian at a bar can all be nice.

But be careful. We see 40 year olds come in with a liver that looks like a black leather glove that's been hit by a shotgun. Pace yourselves.

17. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No because I know the dangers of alcohol.

18. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've never been drunk, but I'll occasionally have a beer or a glass of wine. And sometimes I'll have something like a pina colada. And sometimes I'll use alcohol when I cook, but then the alcohol gets cooked out, so that doesn't really count.

19. Kenaria

I've probably had far too much alcohol in my life for how young I am, but I hate the taste. While I hate the taste though, the feeling is absolutely wonderful, and eventually taste doesn't really matter anymore...

20. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    never did and never will and never ever till i die i love myself too much to smoke or drink something that could hurt me i know you would say a nice cold drink and a little of it wont hurt but you never know if i wanted another and another and another and whoops im drunk
    no im sorry too much for a dramatic guy like me i drink too much of anything water juice tea coffee milk and if i add alcoholic drinks to my list god knows what will happen