Do you ever talk to yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Jan 31, 2015.

1. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Me, too. Why Walking Through a Door Makes You Forget Things - Psych2go

--

Okay, sometimes I talk to myself. Strange things happen when you live in th emiddle of nowhere! Hell, my mom talks to her horse and I've seen her friends talk to their horses/dogs. There was a survey in a Your Horse magazine and over half of British horse owners would break up with their partner and keep their horse if their partner told them to get rid of it. You know what I think? Good for them!

I usually only talk to myself with full conversations when I'm playing with my Lego or Bionicles. Although sometimes I put on a silly voice and say such things as "No, don't put me back in the box! Anything but the box!" when putting my video game capture card back into its box. It reminded me of something I'd read about the kidnapping of Colleen Stan. I forgot my boyfriend was around. I don't realise I'm doing it until it's pointed out to me.

There's usually an eerie silence when I play video games... all you're likely to hear is my working on the controller. I used to bully myself by saying negative things when I failed, but Demon's Souls marked my transition into adulthood.

When I'm having serious trouble with a computer, you might hear such gems as "Damn it! Why won't you workity work WORK! RARGH! Don't make me hit you!" which I consider to be an improvement from actually hitting/throwing inanimate objects.

2. Hiems

Yeah I talk to myself sometimes. When I study patient counseling for different medications, I make myself the interviewer and interviewee. It's the only way for me to know the ins and outs for counseling guidelines. It's weird but it works for me.

All of my friends are usually busy with work, studying, or both, and so I have no one to study with but myself ._.

3. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, but only when I'm alone. For me it's just verbally thinking, not two side conversations XD

4. Stripe101

People, this is what cats are for.

5. kem

kem

I have conversations with myself often in my head. It's a good way to work out what I'm feeling what I'm going through.
    Sometimes I inadvertently voice my thoughts, especially when I'm alone but also when I'm with company.

6. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    fuk yea..lol..all the time..especially when im in the car driving alone or if im doing sumthing..i do it around people too i dont care lol..ill just tell myself things as im doing them like for instance if im about to do sumthing like......idk..turn on the washer ill be like "how the fuk do u set it on cold" then ill read the options aloud and be like "oh shit here we go...did that work??...yes! alright kool..done deal.." then ill just walk off..lol...i think talking to ourselves is healthy were social creatures we need human interaction and when we dont have it it is healthy to be social with ourselves haha..as long as were not answering or arguing with ourselves or sumthing like sum third party conversation or have other personalities or sumthing that we talk to haha cuz thats totally not normal..

7. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I normally just speak inside of my head all of the time but sometimes I talk to myself. When I talk in my head sometimes I mouth the words.

I talk to myself when I am really stressed or upset.
    When I have a big problem to solve.
    When trying to motivate myself.
    I sing to myself also when I get lonely or sad.

8. NovaStar

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think I talk to myself a bit to much

9. CyanChachki

Most of the time. I do it to solve a lot of my problems or get out any kind of problem that doesn't need solving so that I don't have to seek help.

10. MaPetite

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have full on arguments with myself. Most of the time, it's on my way home. It's often the only time allow myself to get angry and emote anything real and honest. I wonder what the people in the cars beside me think when they see me. lol

11. Meadowlark17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes.

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2015 at 08:50 PM ----------

Does any body ever argue with yourself ?

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Yes, but probably not in the context you're wanting.

Usually, it's to debate myself. To refine how I speak, how it sounds, that sort of thing. I don't ever recall, seriously, arguing with myself aloud.

I do, however, play Chess with/against myself. I know, it's odd, but I learn new things each time I do. That count? Lol.

13. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    All the time, but in my head. Normally it is positive me and negative me fighting over who should take control.

14. Thedistra

No, not in the sense of actually talking to myself. Like I said some of what I wrote here quietly to myself, but that's not really talking to myself (or is it >.>). When I actually try talking to myself it feels really weird, it doesn't come naturally to me. I don't even sing to myself.

I do make little sounds sometimes, like when throwing away stuff, putting stuff down etc. That's a newer habit, that I seem to of developed.

15. anja26

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sometimes, it's like world war II in my head :slight_smile:

16. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yep.. At least when I leave my flat "phone, money, keys" I say out loud :--D

17. Lyana

Pretty often. Usually if I'm walking in the streets alone, especially in unfamiliar places. "So now you have to go... left. Unless you're lost. Okay, you're completely lost. Now what do I do?"
    It helps that I do it in English, so people around here can't understand. Bet I still look crazy, though.

18. Formality

Yes, I love making weird voices and reciting scenes or coming up with scenes as I go. It's a perfect way to work on my English pronunciation and it actually helped me with my English grade during high school. If I wasn't such a weirdo I don't think I'd have gotten the grade I got. I wouldn't call it talking to myself though, I just "act".