1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else hate America?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tommycee, Jan 8, 2015.

1. DelvSeigible

We still on topic its just hardly noticeable because we using huge condense texts of history to prove each and every one of our points.

2. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nobody on this thread hates America. There are probably a lot of people who do, but they're not on this forum.

I think that's about it. :slight_smile:

3. DelvSeigible

Yep some of us just like to blame America for our live's situation.

A social capitalistic fool,
    -E

4. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry, imnotreallysure, you made some decent points. And yes Churchill fought valiantly as well for you all. It was really France that we helped the most; you all held your ground pretty well. I was mainly upset at Black Raven's stereotyping of Americans.

5. White Knight

Good, good we are all enlightened a bit, sharpened our claws a bit but still friendly. (&&&)

I usually run those kind of think by myself by googling like crazy so you provide with some great insight at the end.

At the end of the day I see only one thing to blame for all the misdeeds of the past, present and future... Human Nature and lack of intellect to fine tune it on some people.

Here is a thing for your thought.

10 Reasons Humans Are Naturally Evil

6. howsit

howsit Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    By the by, America in theory is the best country in the world:
    - A Constitutional Republic: the constitution is the law of the land; judiciary, legislative and executive branches provide cheques and balances, but none can violate personal rights and freedoms enshrined in the contitution
    - Confederacy: each state still retains its sovereignty in domestic affairs. This makes sure the fed is not too strong, providing cheques and balances
    - A democracy: leaders and delegates are voted in by POPULAR vote which is a true representation of the collective public vote.
    - True capitalism: based on the interest-free greenback, NO central bank.

All of these have been corrupted through a central bank, hyper-inflation, two-party political system, lobbyists, an attack on state sovereignty, a centralization of power to the executive branch, and attacks on the constitution in the guise of "public safety and security."

So no, I don't hate the theory of America. But fuck, you guys have the best political system in the world and this is this shitshow you've created? Y'all deserve some hate ha. If somebody from 1850 - 1950 said America is truly the best country in the world, even compared to Russia, Great Britain, Austria-Hungary and Germany I would be inclined to agree. But nowadays? You are the pity of the first world.

#106 howsit, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  7. LiquidSwords

Just no for so many reasons.

This thread is all really dull now. I think most people in Europe are grateful for American involvement in ww2 or at least they should be, it's just made a lot harder to be when some Americans aren't capable of humility and become insufferable about it, talking like Europe was 'saved' by US and we'd all be nazi occupied now without. D day basically sped up the inevitable end to war in Europe, the idea that Germany would still occupy France now without it is wayy off

Dropping the atom bombs on Japan was not ok, nor was the bombing of Dresden by the allies especially Britain nor was a lot of what happened in ww2.. It was an exceptional period of history so context is important but some things are just not excusable

8. trailrider

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well said White Knight.

9. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Reading comprehension, do you fucking have it?

This isn't even about hating America, it's about so many Americans CONSTANTLY rubbing how great they are into the rest of the worlds face. I don't -hate- America, I just strongly dislike various aspects of it, just how I dislike aspects of the UK or Germany or what have you. America just happens to have more of those aspects than other "civilised" countries at the moment.

Then stop being the silly superpatriotic "Muricaiseasilygreatestcountryofworldbyfar" stereotype! Or grow a thicker skin - You won't see Germans all upset because people still think we're all wearing "Lederhosen".

NO country and it's people shove patriotism so much in the faces of everyone else like Americans do. It's like you want to make up for you lack of history by being overly patriotic.

I'm not surprised you would bring this up, but please, do a little research when you throw out claims like this. The span of time where witchhunts took place and people were burned at the stake was actually shockingly small. And it wasn't even during the medieval periods, it was the Renaissance.

#109 Black Raven, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  10. Stripe101

While I don't agree that America is the greatest country, I do have to say it's the most powerful.

And the most powerful country ALWAYS does a lot of bad things.

11. trailrider

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I so admire all of the comments by people who don't even live in America, to know what actually happens on a daily basis over here. Remember that every time you point a finger, there are three pointing back at you.
    For the European nations, I love how you want to condemn past actions of the United States government, but don't feel compelled to hold yourselves to the same standard.

The monarchy of Great Britain destroy several areas of the world with its "colonization". The very reason that we in America are attempting to deal with the modern context of our Bill of Rights is a direct result of the evil corruption of the British throne.

As far as the wealth of America. Let's just stop right there. There is no one country to blame for the economic mess. For those of you who choose to live in a tiny bubble of self proclaimed opinion, let me fill you in on a tiny secret....WE LIVE IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY.
    It is affected and influenced by every nation that plays a tiny part in it.

One reason our tax base is out of kilter is because there are several nations that allow US corporations to shelter their profits in off shore accounts.

We lost the majority of our steel industry to Germany, but I guess that was OUR fault.

For most of you reading this, the very clothes you are wearing were made in some sweat shop in the far east, but I guess that child labor is still better than the perceived American "ego"

I loved the one comment about how Americans are so obsessed over sports. ( which I think is true.) But let's think for a moment, over the last 50 years, how many fans have been killed due to rioting over ALL U.S. sports combined as compared to ...oh I don't know.....maybe SOCCER?

OH OH OH and let us not forget that all of the oil gouging going on right now is because of our direct relation to OPEC. OH WAIT, that's right, WE ARE NOT IN OPEC.

As for all of you kids, who think Reagan was some evil dictator, let's stop the B.S. and tell it like it is. You don't like the opinions of the far conservative right simply because they do not align with how you would like to live. Fair enough, but be very careful, the extreme left is just as dangerous. America is the great melting pot and it's diversity is changing much quicker than her citizens can keep up.

....man I am actually really fired up right now......Spoiled little American brats whining "I hate America" "I hate America" when it is the very foundation of America that gave you this sense of entitlement that you seem to have. Here's an idea, instead of getting all of your education from the liberal side of the media, sit down and actually read a book.

and oh yeah.....if you insist on marching in some "PRIDE" parade, proclaiming to be a representative of the LGBT community....then put some stinking clothes on. flashing your bare bottom in public does not , in any way shape or form, represent my or anyone's sexuality. Nor does it help in the mature debates over equal rights.

......end rant.

12. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I don't necessarily hate America, I do hate a lot of what has gone on and still going on in this country. I think we are behind so many other countries in a lot of things. And we need to focus more on what is happening here instead of what other countries are up to. I don't plan on living in this country once I'm out of school though.

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Alot of Europeans do alot.

14. trailrider

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  15. treatmeright

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For American who hate America, just leave to ant other country and live there like the locals and see how you will run back to America and kiss its land.

For me I don't know how really America is but you live in a continent for goodness sake you can travel freely from south to north the sky is your limit if the place you are in is not good with you go to another one. Start over! If we can do this in a small country like ours you can do it in America.

16. C06122014

C06122014 Guest

YOU ARE AMAZING![\B]
    I love America! I think I'm patriotic but I'm not an idiot, I know this country has its problems. But doesn't every country have them? I feel so fortunate to have been born here because I could've been born in a place much worse? There are several places worse than the U.S! So basically to answer questions he question, I DO NOT HATE AMERICA :slight_smile:

17. las16663

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i love my country but fear the government. i look at all the alternative countries and realize that there is no other place that i can keep the entire contents of my library legally nor can i keep all of my toys. not that i am materialistic, but the few things i enjoy engaging in are severely restricted in the so called enlightened alternatives such as canada, the uk and australia.

18. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I live in Washington D.C. which it is a extremely liberal city. If I lived in south I probably would hate it though. I don't like the fact that the the US thinks that they can police the whole world. Though sometimes I hear the arguing of politicians from my house.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. gazwkd

gazwkd Guest

If your referring to firearms, yes and quite rightly - the rate from firearms related deaths is astonishing.

20. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This.