1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm just dropping in some questions to know some more about you guys' political view.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by CongoColorado, Nov 10, 2014.

1. rhapsodic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: I'm just dropping in some questions to know some more about you guys' political v

1 - Do you support Abortion completely, on some circumstances, or is it completely unacceptable?

I believe that women should be able to have control over their bodies and do what they want. They'd hold be able to feel safe and supported, no matter what they choose. After her child is a certain age, there should be a restriction on abortions, as the procedure becomes unsafe.

2 - Do you believe that the government is above the people?

It shouldn't be. The government and the people are meant to work together. The government should not be "ruling" over it's people, but rather working with them.

3 - Should women and men have completely equal rights?

Of course!

4 - Should Television Networks censor swear words?

Unless there are young viewers expected to be watching, I don't think they should.

5 - Do you believe Sex Ed should be taught to students?

Yes. It's important to understand how the body works in order to take proper care of it.

6 - Do you support Obama's oil plan for finding oil on the seashore?

I'm not American and I know nothing about this but it sounds like a terrible idea.

7 - Should the death penalty be used for the most serious crimes, or is it completely unacceptable?

No. Ending another person's life is inhumane, no matter who they are or what they did. I believe in education and second chances.

8 - Do you believe the rich are ruining the world?

I don't know. I definitely think the US government's choice to spend billions of dollars on war, even though those billions are more than enough to obliterate world poverty, is definitely a poor choice. I don't know what else to say here though. I'm no really educated on this topic.

9 - Should Animals be given human rights?

No. They are not humans. They should have their own set of rights though.

10 - Should a non-living fetus be given human rights, or does it restrict a woman's right to her body?

If its non-living, then it's dead lol
    I'm not really sure what you mean here

2. Randomcloud

Re: I'm just dropping in some questions to know some more about you guys' political v

1 - Pretty much pro-choice in all circumstances. Though *personally* I think I would feel uncomfortable having an abortion myself, but my personal reaction has nothing to do with other people's rights..

2 - Not really. The government is there to provide some kind of order but their primary purpose is to serve the population- they should be FOR and with the people, not above

3 - Of course. Women, men, intersex, non-binary, everyone

4 - Ehh...I'm leaning towards "no"

5 - Yes! It's not taught thoroughly enough, in my opinion

6 - I don't know enough about it, I'm not from the US

7 - As a concept...I can see why people would support it. But I feel that the legal system is way too flawed to have the death penalty for anything and at the end of the day, what does it achieve? It certainly does not act as a deterrent

8 - Yup

9 - Not sure? I mean, I think events/activities involving animal cruelty and abuse should be stopped but I don't understand treating them like humans since they're not.

10 - Well if you're talking about abortion, the fetus wouldn't be "non-living" or else there is really no ethical issue. And yeah, I think that the mother's right to her body trumps the fetus's rights

3. Burnedcloset

1. Support 100%. Any woman should be able to control what happens to her body.

2. F*** no

3. I identify as a feminists. So yes = rights for all.

4. It's up to the network. Children's channels should bleep the swear words.

5. Oh yeah. Lots of it. Straight and gay sex ed. People need to understand sex. Not be afraid of it

6. I'm not sure on this.

7. Leaning toward it being acceptable. Under very very serious charges.

8. I think some rich people help the world and change it for the better. Saying all the rest are ruining the world is not something I can judge.

9. I never put thought into this. Maybe?

10. I think at a certain point it should.

4. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

1 - Do you support Abortion completely, on some circumstances, or is it completely unacceptable?
    Abortion with a good reason is fine provided it is done before the Third Trimester when the Fetus is essentially a viable human being.
    No, the Government is the servant of the people and derives its legitimacy from the people.
    Should people with Blue eyes and Brown eyes have equal rights? of course. All individuals in society should have the same rights and freedoms.
    It should be left to the discretion of the network, if its a children's network they probably will, but a network that broadcasts more mature television shouldn't be forced to censor anything.
    Yes, Sexual Education is important as we don't want everyone getting syphilis and gonorrhea...
    No Comment on this as I have not read up on it.
    7 - Should the death penalty be used for the most serious crimes, or is it completely unacceptable?
    The Death Penalty is unacceptable as given the current state of criminology we still cannot be 100% certain the person we are killing is guilty and as such simply having long prison terms should suffice to punish guilty criminals while providing the opportunity for the innocent to exonerate themselves.
    Partially yes and partially no, but mostly no. The amount of clout given to lobbyists definitely is distorting the western political landscape and that is a problem. But for the most part the rich get rich through capitalizing on ways to improve economic efficiency around the globe and that is a good thing.
    A dog is not a human, a horse is not a human, a dolphin is not a human. If they aren't a human they don't get human rights.
    10 - Should a non-living fetus be given human rights, or does it restrict a woman's right to her body?
    Well once a fetus reaches a certain level of development/viability it should be accorded rights to life et cetera. Before that point in development though I don't consider the fetus to be a fully fledged human.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

1 - Do you support Abortion completely, on some circumstances, or is it completely unacceptable? Yes, completely, and I would support terrorism if abortion became illegal. People with uteri are not your slaves.

2 - Do you believe that the government is above the people? No, it's questionable if government is even justified.

3 - Should women and men have completely equal rights? Yes, and if that has to happen by force, so be it.

4 - Should Television Networks censor swear words? Who the fuck cares?

5 - Do you believe Sex Ed should be taught to students? Queer-positive sex education should be taught to all students.

6 - Do you support Obama's oil plan for finding oil on the seashore? I have no position.

7 - Should the death penalty be used for the most serious crimes, or is it completely unacceptable? Yes, the death penalty is justified in instances of crimes against peace or crimes against humanity.

8 - Do you believe the rich are ruining the world? No, my neighbors are ruining the world.

9 - Should Animals be given human rights? No, and I am quite irritated how much political energy goes into it. Non-human animals do experience suffering and do have interests we must respect. However, not all of those interests enjoin us to protect them all the time.

10 - Should a non-living fetus be given human rights, or does it restrict a woman's right to her body? The fetus has no moral considerability. Only the body of someone with a uterus is morally considerable. If you guys want, I can go on at length about my complete burning hatred for any position at all that:

1. criminalizes people for seeking medical procedures while pregnant,
    2. criminalizes drug use for people who are pregnant,
    3. forces a person with a uterus to give birth at a certain time or manner, such as forcing a cesarean section, or
    4. criminalizing pregnant people who have accidents.

6. Basic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Doesn't effect me, but to quote bicentennial man. "One does feel bad for them"

Haha, no. . . Though it does has it place.

Yep. That means no alimony, and men should have an equal shot at keeping the kids.

If they want.

Sure.

I'm not sure, I haven't heard about this. Though I was upset about the denial of the keystone pipeline.

It should be used and improved, lets give China a Run for it's money.

No?

Er no. Though they should be treated humanly.

Do you mean a late term pregnancy? If late term, then yes. It's murder, and you're a murderer if you kill this person. If a fetus can survive outside the body, it's a person. Nothing anyone could say will change my mind on this. The only way I could ever condone abortion, at this point; is if the mothers life was in danger.

#26 Basic, Nov 10, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  7. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

1 - Do you support abortion completely, in some circumstances, or is it completely unacceptable?

I unreservedly support abortion. I should have no say in the matter, nor is it fair to judge them while pretending I respect choice; to make something difficult socially, but not illegal, is still not allowing real choice.

Yes and no. Do I believe professional economists should manage economies, diplomats diplomacy and lawyers law? Absolutely. I want a professional bureaucracy, not a so-and-so from God knows where dictating how things should be run without the education to do so. Said so-and-so is within every right to become a politician, but not a bureacrat who deals with the practical management of government. A government is not above its people, but I would like people to give due respect to the role of governments and the fact that we all have limitations to our knowledge. Pen-pushing is rather important, and the complexity of government means that nobody could ever be educated in all issues it deals with, hence the importance of bureaucratic hierarchy. Government should be about practically enacting the wishes of the people (or telling them why said wishes are unreasonable or self-defeating).

Yes. That includes diminishing the power of men and filling in that disproportionate influence with that of women. You can say you believe in equality all you want, but you need to actually put effort into rectifying the problem.

No. There's hardly any point. I'm fine with children's TV avoiding swearing, but there's no good reason for popular media to fail to reflect how language is really used.

It's dangerous not to do so.

I know very little about it, but I'd rather that any money spent on new energy sources be put into renewables, much like Germany's plan over the next few decades (which is still a little lax).

Absolutely unacceptable. I'm firmly convinced that it's ineffective, and it's acknowledged as a breach of human rights for the most part. I think there needs to be a larger effort globally to abolish it.

Yes, but it's not as if they're doing so alone. Wealth leads one to having more direct control over damage, but there are plenty of people who hardly benefit from social and environmental destruction who cheer it on, horrifically misguided.

Human rights are very specifically based on human needs, social structures and other things which no other animals have. It'd be absurd to protect language rights for animals when we have no control over that. Animals ought to be protected under stricter anti-cruelty laws and I believe that industrial-scale farming is both brutal and environmentally catastrophic, but human rights are generally not transferable to animals.

Absolutely not. You can claim whatever personal beliefs you like, but I still am going to find it hard to believe that you're not a misogynist if you seriously think that a woman should have less control over her body than you in choosing whether the foetus is more important than her.

#27 Aussie792, Nov 10, 2014
  8. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

I've really tried to be open-minded about this issue but I'm simply not okay with abortion. I think it's acceptable if the pregnancy is a significant threat to the mother's health, but otherwise I'm against it. The thought of willingly ending a life to avoid a difficult situation is plain wrong to me.

No, although in practice it can be self-serving at times.

Yes.

I believe that should be a decision left to each individual network, not something mandated by law.

Absolutely.

To be honest I'm not very educated about this, but I don't think so. In general I'm against causing severe harm to the environment to drain a finite resource. I don't even really mind higher gas prices (unless it's due to tax) as I think if prices rise it will escalate development on better alternatives.

My position on this has evolved over time, but I'm against it. Juries make mistakes and it ends up costing far more to execute somebody than it does to give them a life sentence. There are some people who I believe are not worthy of life, but I'm not comfortable with the idea of us choosing to take it away from them.

No, though I do believe that the level of financial inequality has become too extreme.

I'm not entirely sure what kind of rights you're talking about here, but probably not. I do think the punishment for animal abuse should be harsher though.

I believe a fetus has the right to continue on the path to birth. I reject the notion that it violates a woman's control over her own body because at that point she's not only affecting herself.

Edit: I'm not going to be very popular after this one.

#28 mbanema, Nov 10, 2014
  9. bornthiswaybby

1 - I support it completely.

2 - They have the power unfortunately.

3 - Yes

4 - No, a word is a word

5 - Yes, safe sex should always be promoted.

6 - I'm Canadian I don't know.

7 - Completely unacceptable, an isolated prison sentence (for life) would be more ideal.

8 - No

9 - Animals shouldn't be given all of the same rights because some wouldn't apply but they do not deserve abuse ever in any circumstances.

10 - A non-living fetus isn't alive. It's a cluster of cells. Why should it have rights?

10. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

I support a person's right to choose whether or not to carry a fetus to term but I would urge anyone capable of getting pregnant to do whatever is possible to prevent unwanted pregnancies or plan their families so abortion isn't something they have to go through unless absolutely necessary.

It shouldn't be. Ideally, government should belong to the people but that's not always the case.

Um, of course. If you're a legal adult in this country, sex and/or gender shouldn't be a barrier to the rights you're able to enjoy.

If a television show is designated for audiences over the age of 13, then no.

Yes. Without proper, inclusive Sex Ed, we make it that much harder for teenagers and young adults to make smart, well informed decisions about their bodies and sexual activity.

Not something I'm too informed on, unfortunately, so I can't really answer that conclusively.

I find it unacceptable. While there are certainly many crimes I would personally love to see receive the death penalty, it's an earmark of an older time and life in prison with no parol should work just fine.

I definitely believe we, here in the US, have a huge problem with income inequality. However, would I say they're "ruining the world"? Not necessarily.

Nope. Animals aren't sentient. While I believe animals should be treated with dignity, they're not human nor sentient beings. I eat meat as well and I believe one can eat meat while still allowing animals to live as natural a life as possible.

No. Like I said before, anyone capable of getting pregnant should have full autonomy over their bodies. And until a baby is born, I wouldn't consider a fetus "alive".

...but I'm going to say something that might be a little controversial. I don't personally support abortion as something I, if I was ever in that situation for whatever reason, could ever do.

#30 drwinchester, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2014
  11. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

1. I am a 100% supporter of Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America. I definitely believe that a woman has a right to an abortion during her first trimester (up to 24 weeks), but after that, abortions should only be given for rape, incest, life of mother and fatal fetal defects.

2. The Government is of the people, by the people, and the government and its people should be on equal levels, and can have checks and balances.

3. Yes. Men and women should be able to live as pure equals in society today.

4. No. Child Censor Controls should be available to parents, but words on TV in original broadcasts should not be censored unless a Parent activates Censor Controls.

5. Yes. We should teach comprehensive sex education throughout adolescence, and it should be LGBTQ+ inclusive.

6. No. I believe we should invest in more renewable energy sources, like solar and wind energy.

7. The death penalty should only be for the most serious of crimes, such as war crimes or crimes against humanity. Every other major crime should be life with no parole, except in very gruesome circumstances.

8. In some ways yes, and in some, no. Sometimes, capitalism has been a good idea in the US, but at other times, it has made such a disparity in wealth that it makes it nearly impossible to jump up the social ladder.

9. For the most part. I believe that animals should not be tortured or used in cosmetic experimenting, but I also believe that the consumption of meat should still be allowed.

10. No. A woman should remain her full bodily autonomy even when she is pregnant.

12. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

Support completely.

Depends on what you mean by that, exactly. But for the most part, no, it shouldn't be above the people, though many governments act as if they are.

Yes.

No.

Yes.

Honestly, I don't know enough about the plan to have a say in the matter.

Completely unacceptable.

Some of them, but they're not the only ones ruining the world.

"Human rights?" I don't know about that, but I will say that I believe that the rights/laws/protections that we grant to animals should be taken just as seriously as human rights.

No.

13. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

1 - Do you support Abortion completely, on some circumstances, or is it completely unacceptable? I support abortion only in instances of rape, incest, or if the mother's life is in danger.

2 - Do you believe that the government is above the people? No, but this is an ambiguous question.

3 - Should women and men have completely equal rights? Yes.

4 - Should Television Networks censor swear words? Depends what time of the day and the swear words being used.

5 - Do you believe Sex Ed should be taught to students? Yes.

6 - Do you support Obama's oil plan for finding oil on the seashore? Yes.

7 - Should the death penalty be used for the most serious crimes, or is it completely unacceptable? Yes, it should.

8 - Do you believe the rich are ruining the world? Uh ... no. The problems we face are just a little more complicated than that.

10 - Should a non-living fetus be given human rights, or does it restrict a woman's right to her body? Yes, a fetus should, unless the woman's life is at risk and in certain other instances.

#33 Mike92, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

1. Only if they've been raped or are mentally unstable
    2. Yes but it shouldn't be in my opinion
    3. Yes
    4. No
    5. Yes
    6. Huh?
    7. Only if they purposely murdered someone else
    8. Everyone is
    9. Only for abuse
    10. No

#34 Andrew99, Dec 10, 2014
  15. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

1- Tis a woman's body. She should be able to do whatever she wants with it.

2- In a sense, yes.

3- Why should they not?

4- Fuck no!

5- Yes. But they need to get a parent to sign a permission slip.

6- No opinion on it really.

7- It should be allowed. For serious crimes.

8- Nope.

9- Yes!

10- Um no. A fetus is just a fetus. It can't think for it's self.

16. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

To be honest anyone who thinks it should be illegal is either blind, ignorant or evil. I can understand and empathize with mixed feelings on the subject, or not supporting it entirely, to an extent, but those who would intentionally deny a woman her right to bodily autonomy, and force the child onto a parent(s) that obviously can't or won't support it anyway, are sadly mistaken if they think they understand the first thing about "Morality." The bottom line, when it comes to abortion, is that if you think it's a choice for you to make for everyone else, you're wrong.

2 - Do you believe that the government is above the people? I see no reason believe a bunch of old boring people are above a much larger, younger and angrier bunch of people.

3 - Should women and men have completely equal rights? i support equality for every gender

4 - Should Television Networks censor swear words?I'm fine with shows being written with the age of it's target audience in mind, but Censorship usually just comes off as lazy and annoying. The more it alters the meaning and impact of the original writing the more it bothers me.

5 - Do you believe Sex Ed should be taught to students? yes absolutely

6 - Do you support Obama's oil plan for finding oil on the seashore? sure why not

7 - Should the death penalty be used for the most serious crimes, or is it completely unacceptable? I used to support it, but the more I think of it the more it sounds like a waste of money.

8 - Do you believe the rich are ruining the world? humanity is ruining the world, the rich just have the capacity to do more damage I guess

9 - Should Animals be given human rights? I believe animals should be given Animal Rights, and people should respect those rights and not be douchebags

I think i already answered this

#36 kageshiro, Dec 10, 2014
  17. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Why would you need to know more about my political views?

[​IMG]

I will not reveal these secrets!

18. Tardis2020

I support abortion completely, but I think that for women in a healthy relationship, ie the partner is not abusive or anything like that, the other person should have a right to put their input in. I still think its the woman's choice in the end, she' the pregnant one.
    I don't think I understand this one. I don't think that government officials should be above the law if that's the question.
    Yes. Although, i guess not completely, for example a man can't go into a women's athletic league and vice versa.
    No.
    Yes. And not the bullshit they teach even in public schools. Teach kids, don't scare kids.
    I don't know enough/anything about it to say.
    Death penalty for rape, homicide, and terrible crimes like that. I don't believe in treating people humanely after they destroyed the lives of others, the family and friends of their victim.
    No. Some rich people certainly aren't helping it though, such as the billionaires who fund terrorists.
    Animals are not humans, animals don't get human rights.
    A fetus in a woman should be treated the same way you'd treat her arm or any other body part. As far as the law should be concerned, its another one of her body parts.

19. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

100% supportive!*

Well, I guess it is, in a way. But that shouldn't be the case. They should be there for us. =]

Is this question even for real? XD Of course they should have equal rights!!

Hahaha no!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Sure, it shouldn't there in children shows, or at least, not very bad ones. =) But that's up to the parents, to decide what things are inappropriate. For adults, I see absolutely no reason at all to censor swear words.

Yes, it's important that they know. =]

Excuse my ignorance, I don't know what this is about. =|

Completely unacceptable.

No, that's a generalisation.

I don't really know if all human rights even can apply to animals. But I think they should be treated as humanely as possible. =)

It's a woman's right.* =)

* The person should be able to give the baby a good life, to be able to care for him/her as much as she can. If she can't do that, or if she knows she won't be able to fully care for her baby, she has the right to decide in my opinion. =)

#39 Quem, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  20. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

On some basic circumstances, not too late into pregnancy, etc

In some ways but I believe government is for the good of the people.

Yes

They should be able to choose if they want to or not, I'm not in favor of censorship though

Yes

I'be honestly never heard of it

Unacceptable, no judicial system is perfect and also it's a waste of taxpayers money

Not intentionally, and not all of them, but some's greed are certainly ruining the world

No

Meh