1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What toys did you used to play with/favorite toys?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RayXxx, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Bastian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh yes, the bike! <3

2. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Edit: I asked my dad, and this is what he said -

I apparently used to doodle/sketch a lot (I had sets and sets of gel pens). I wrote a lot, read a HUGE amount, and liked playing dress-up and acting. I also had some dolls, which I'd play with (Polly Pockets/Barbies especially)

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Those feline stuffed animals were my favorites. Along with legos, pokemon, digimon, a few dollhouses here and there, but my dad always took those away. And I dunno if art kits count but I always made messy childish scribbles with those. Though, I don't know if this counts either; but "playing dressup" was my favorite.

Well, that and pretty much anything that involved cats. Tons of cat stuff, and even this one little robot cat thing that... uh, I think it walked around or something?

4. candle

i played with whatever my brother was playing with, which went from pokemon, digimon, gameboys, toycars, beyblades, spiderman, yugioh cards

i had some dolls but they were boring

5. clockworkfox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Stuffed animals! And beanie babies. Tea sets. I took to having fake tea with my stuffed animals, actually. :grin: Pokemon cards and games, video games, rock 'em sock 'em robots, robot toys in general, percussion instruments, rubber snakes and insects (to my mom's dismay, I'd hide them around the house), LEGOS, nerf guns and water guns, basketballs, my bike and scooter which aren't really toys but saw a lot of use, also SKIP-IT (anyone remember those death traps? extra dangerous for me, I had shitty coordination.), Polly Pocket (back when her whole world was actually pocket sized).

I got a lot of Barbie dolls as gifts, but really didn't play with them too frequently. Also my mom had people get me baby dolls for a while, and they sat in the corner. I disregarded them entirely, and she quickly realised I was not interested in baby dolls.

---------- Post added 9th Nov 2014 at 05:09 PM ----------

I had that same cat! It was my favorite thing because it was both a robot and a cat, so it was like two of my favorite things in one!

#25 clockworkfox, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  6. DinelodiiGitli

Stuffed animals and anything robotic or electronic I could find (I like them because if they broke I could always take them apart to see how they worked :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). I also liked legos and different animal figurines, trucks and cars. My Mother said that when I was really little (two or three?) there was a toy truck at a store I when absolutely crazy over (she said I was reaching for it from my stroller with this uber happy expression), needless to say she bought it. She said I played with it longer than any other toy she ever bought for me. ^^;

7. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

My sister :roflmao:

8. Dinah

Third star to the right & straight on til morning.
    NES (first gen Nintendo) Barbie video game which I played obsessively, trolls dolls, stuffed animals, I love stuffed bears/animals, but only own a few because "guys dont do that..." I'm sure there's other things, but cant think of any at the moment.

9. RayXxx

RayXxx Guest

Ugh, I got Barbie dolls and girly gifts as well which I never really cared for. I think I got a bratz doll once even. The thing was I dressed masculine yet people kept giving me that stuff. I remember I had this one baby doll the never had any clothes on, and I would always take it by the hair and throw it around.

10. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    Toy microscopes and books. My mother made me quit Barbies after I started to decapitate them.

Also, I collected stickers. Most of them were dinosaurs.

Later on I developed an obsession with Re-ment, miniature real life things made from plastic and are detailed as hell. Had an entire trunk of mini fridges, TV sets, packets of crisps and coffee cans. Guess it's an aspie thing.

#30 sherlock, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Trucks, Legos, GI Joe, dinosaurs and even my little pony (before bronies, I'm talking 1980s vintage).

12. apocalypse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    SO obsessed with Polly Pockets as a kid! I ADORED Bratz dolls but I think I've given them all away....I have over 50 Barbie dolls, I loved those too. I remember accidentally popping Mulan's head off though O__o
    Stuffed animals too.
    I also liked RC cars. They were so much fun.

I'm 16 but somehow Monster High dolls are really appealing but I'm afraid to buy them

13. MorganPrefect

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Dolls and doll houses when I could also a little toy car and spiderman toys. Mostly puzzles

14. ForeverYoung000

^^^^^ this

And dolls, especially the strawberry shortcakes.

15. juliegt6

I played video games and spent a lot of time playing with our gray tabby Sugar. She was the sweetest kitty and we probably spent 6+ hours a day within a few feet of each other! She is why I love cats so much; she had a selfless loving personality, and was a great friend for almost 15 years. I have a Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal I was given at a few months old that I played with when little, but as soon as Sugar entered the picture, I preferred her.

I did a lot of stuff with my dad growing up so while kids were riding bikes, I was rebuilding engines, working on the house, etc. Even as a little kid I knew which wrenches, sockets, etc and at first could just be a gofer.

16. stormborn

i had these little pokemon action figures, that i would always play with inside my sister's doll houses.

them and lego. so much lego.

17. anonym

anonym Guest

It bothers me that I didn't have very masculine preferences in toys as a child. :confused:

18. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    You don't have to, honestly.

19. Awesome_trans_girl13

Out Status:
    All but family
    omg i love all those things

20. MelDrake

Out Status:
    A few people
    Legos. Legos were the best. My brother and I created entire civilizations from Legos in our basement. We also had this thing called an Air-Maze, which was like a series of tents and tunnels that could be inflated with a large fan(sort of like a jump house, but you crawled inside, not jumped on top of it) and it was the MOST. FUN. EVER. We also played a fair bit with stuffed animals.
    I had a few barbies but to be honest I didn't play with them on my own, they just came out when friends were over. I think having an opposite-sex sibling who I played with most of the time made mom mostly just buy us unisex toys we would both like.