1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Signs you were gay as a kid?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Nov 5, 2014.

1. kool aid

I wore my mum's shoes
    I had an interest in my sister's bratz dolls
    I loved high school musical and watched every chash in edition the released and it's sequels
    I would rather hang out with girls than boys
    I didn't wear particularly feminine clothes but i certainly didn't have a masculine style

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I loved to watch Gilmore girls. :lol:

3. One Man Army

Nothing exceptionally obvious for me, but I did prefer to hang around with girls than other guys. I never joined in football games in the school playground, preferring instead to identify different types of insects. But that's not necessarily gay, it's just awesome.

I did something very similar, but with my sister's dolls dolls. I'd pull off their heads and limbs and sometimes I'd even bite them. I was a very strange kid.

4. Besides playing with LEGO blocks instead of barbie dolls, I remember coming home from my first dancing lesson when I was about 9 and only talking about a girl when my parents asked me whether I liked the dancing lesson or not. The conversation went like this:

'How was your dancing lesson?'
    'There was this girl, and if I were a boy, man I'd know it.'
    'Okay, but what about the dances?'
    'She was a pretty good dancer too.'

I even remember thinking 'maybe I should say something about the dancing lesson to make sure my parents don't think I'm gay because I'M NOT'.

5. AlamoCity

I should have clarified :lol:. I never bought or was given Barbies as presents; the ones that I used to mutilate were some spare once we had from my sister that got dirty or were useless.

As for real traits that were signs that I was gay, well, I once tried on my mom's heels. I could not get how a foot could actually fit in the end part of the shoe in the pointy part :lol:.

Also, I was sensitive growing up and somewhat emotional to others' feelings. However, I'm not sure if that was being gay or something else. I was labeled in elementary school as "Gifted/Talented" and looking at some of the traits of such people, being "emotionally sensitive" is a trait of such persons.

6. Rainbow Kitty

Barbies, high voice, most friends were girls, and damn I liked guys!

7. Raikamaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well, I used to walk around the house in my mum's clothes when I was a kid, and I hung around girls more than boys up until I was about 14. That's about it, really.

I guess the biggest sign was, when I was in high school, I had a fricken huge crush on one of the other guys in my class.

Which was awkward as SHIT seeing as he was my best guy friend. Yeah, I had a weird time in school, and I don't wanna relive it. *shudders*

#27 Raikamaru, Nov 6, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  8. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Let's see:

Put on my mom's lipstick.
    More girl friends than guy friends.
    Never really into contact sports.
    Enjoyed looking up "stuff" on the family computer

Uh...yep

9. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It finally dawned on me yesterday that Ive been saying that Im happily single since I was a senior in high school. Maybe that was a sign that I was asexual.

10. rainbowfish

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really wanted Kim Possible and Shego to get together. I mean Kim and Ron were cute, but I had such a massive crush on Shego; it was ridiculous. Also, when High School Musical first showed and all my friends were losing their shit over Zach Efron I just wanted to talk about Gabriella.

11. Rainbow Girl

- Wanting marry my dad's friend's girlfriend (I only met her once because they didn't date very long)
    - kissing Cinderella in books and DVD cases.

12. David21201

when i was in 4th grade i developed REALLY strong feelings for my now girlfriend. I would have fantasies of me being a boy and saving the girl then having a kiss. And for the majority of my life i was scared of girls and my only friends were boys.

13. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think there were any. I was a pretty normal boy. That is one of the reasons it took so long to figure myself out.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I would make my two female Barbies be moms and they would have child , and sometimes one barbie would touch the others breasts then they would have sex when the baby was asleep . Deep down I felt it was right but I knew everyone else thought it was wrong , plus they would laugh at me .

15. iiimee

Umm, well I had it rough because girls bullied me and I always wanted to hang out with the guys, but they decided never to teach me sports because "girls weren't athletic".
    Granted, I had been born with "pigeon feet" so I couldn't run most of my life, but I still wanted to play games. Also, I was afraid of barbies??? I made the two boy barbies date each other. Not sure if that's a sign or not, since the only real signs were my feelings.
    Oh, and I remember when I was like four or five I tried peeing standing up just like daddy... and I could with no issues. ^_^

16. Mickz

Lol Yes! I also wanted Shego and Kim to get together :grin:

17. ouraborus

ouraborus Guest

I would cry everytime telling my mum to make me her son. My mum said, I was 5 yrs old when I asked her to make me boy.

18. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Never really liked dolls, didn't know what to do with them. Preferred either gender neutral toys like stuffed animals and board games or boyish stuff like cars and trains. I liked watching girls but not joining in with the girly stuff they were doing.

Oh and there's also the fact I had my first crush on a girl, at the age of 6, and would whisper little compliments in her ear and imagine kissing her. That might have been a slight clue :lol:

19. iHeartYouu

I act like a boy
    and sit like one too
    Hate pink
    Only interested in boy's toys and don't play dress up or barbie
    I hate dresses and skirts
    I cross dress on online games like habbo lol

20. Randomcloud

Hmm nothing stereotypical except I guess I did go through a tomboy phase as a young kid but that was actually just a "fashion phase" haha. So I guess the most obvious indicator was that I only crushed on girls? I always had posters of female singers/actresses on my wall which isn't that strange for a little girl except I would stare at them kind of dreamy eyed haha! I still remember when I was maybe 7 or 8 and I paused the TV cause this good looking girl was on it and I kissed the screen xD I guess that was the first clue