1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you had a Tardis where would you go?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by gaynerd64, Aug 4, 2014.

1. gaynerd64

If I had a Tardis I would go back in time to the 1970s and stop BBC from destroying the Doctor Who films they considered "worthless" at the time. Where would you go?

2. White Knight

Should I pick only one place/time?

There are so many things I want to see in past... especially dinosaurs and how they really looked like.

However for only one place/time, I would pick days closer to Battle of Chaeronea so I can see how the Sacred Band of Theber were like and how they fell to Alexander the Great and his father. Gayest war in the history. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wouldn't know what to do honestly. I would like look about 100 years into the future and see how stuffed we all are. I would most likely just put it on random.

4. 101DeadRoses

I think I would go to the past and stop the guy who said that homosexuality was a sin from putting that in the bible.

5. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd travel back in time to ancient India, try to get some personal instruction from the Buddha himself, and try to attain enlightenment. Would kind of feel like cheating a bit, though.

6. kem

kem

If I had a TARDIS I'd go back in time and visit my childhood. I wouldn't change anything, but I'd want to see what I was doing and what it was like.

7. Gentlady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First I'd go see my childhood, just to remember it all. Then I'd go to my future and see what it brings. Okay no, not my future. Not the future at all. But to the year 0. See what the world is like. Or maybe I'd go to June 26th 2010 to crash at Amy and Rory's wedding or sth :roflmao:

8. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First I'd go back in time and make sure Fox didn't cancel Firefly. Then I'd go to The Library...before it becomes populated by Vashta Nerada, of course.

I'm not really sure where I would go in reality. To see a Shakespeare play during his lifetime, to see what dinosaurs really looked like, to witness the building of Stonehenge, to see what the future will look like in a hundred years.

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Next week so I can buy a newspaper and come back and put a bet on all the football results.

10. PICollins91

ABC Studios circa 1990

ABC Executive: "Yes Mr. Lynch, I'm afraid we are canceling Twin Peaks."
    Sound of Tardis followed by me kicking in door.
    Me: "Oh no you won't, Mr. Executive!"

11. BelleFromHell

I'd first go revisit my childhood. Then, I'd like to see WWI & II, the Civil War, and the Revolutionary War. I'd also like to see what Japan looked like before, during, and after the Meiji era with my own eyes. And, of course, I want to see the kick-ass Star Trek inspired technology we'll be getting in the future, and see if it's anymore peaceful then than it is now.

12. Parapraxis

Out Status:
    Some people
    The hospital I was born in and take me to Paris 50 years from now?

13. BelleFromHell

Oh, and I'd go back to 1994 and see if Kurt Cobain's death was really a suicide. I'm not sure how accurate the "Courtney killed Kurt" theory is, and I'd like to see how it happened with my own eyes.

14. kool aid

I would go back in time to see the Tudors, for some reason I've always wanted to know what they looked like

15. Acm

Acm Guest

I'd like to go back and see a Beatles concert and maybe some cool events in history. Then I might try going into the future

16. Benway

Benway Guest

Okay this is going to sound really hokey but I'd go to 1976 Amityville, New York and peek in on George and Kathy Lutz drunkenly recording themselves writing the notes that would become the events known as "The Amityville Horror" with William Weber over several bottles of Thunderbird and grab a copy of said recordings and bring it back to the present to dangle in front of the faces of all the "Amityville Truthers."

...or maybe I've already done that sometime in the future considering the tapes are still 'missing.' :icon_twis

17. Midknight96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Go back in time to a distant culture (probably Egyptian) and use my knowledge and technology of the future to rule them all.

I'd also want to witness the Age of the Dinosaurs, the Crucifixion of Jesus, the birth of the United States, and the Golden Age of video gaming, A.K.A, the Eighties.

18. paper planes

I would journey to an alternate universe where the events of the Harry Potter series actually happened & learn to become a cat Animagus. lol

19. stormborn

same! and i feel like the doctor would know them, so we could probably have some chill time with the beatles :lol: seeing some musicians in the early jazz era would be amazing, too, imo

i'd also go to a lot of alien planets. and where ever humans are after the earth dies.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've answered something very similar to this question before, so, I believe I need another answer. Just to keep things fresh.

I'll start off by saying, BelleFromHell, is pretty close to the areas of history I'd want to see. I'd really like to see the Battle of Nagashino in person, to see where firearms proved their worth, in Japanese warfare. The destruction of the Toyotomi loyalists during the Battle of Sekigahara, the bloodiest battle in Japan's history at that time, would be interesting to witness, as well as the following sweep during the Osaka campaigns.

I'd also want to see, as cliche as it is, a few worlds in which different outcomes happened. Some examples:

A world where the Axis Powers (Germany-Italy-Japan) dominate the globe.
    A world where the Soviet Union prevails against the United States in the Cold War.
    A world in which the Confederate States of America successfully secede.
    A world in which Ireland is free of British influence and controls Northern Ireland.
    A world in which Rome never falls and is still around in modern times.
    A world in which Hannibal of Carthage succeeds in capturing the capital of Rome.
    A world in which the Cuban Missile Crisis became "hot" and the aftermath.
    A world in which the Ottoman Empire succeeds in spreading Islam heavily into Europe.

Not because I believe them to be better worlds, but because I am curious as to their means of sustenance.

Also, I'd go to a world where Poke'mon was real. If Poke'mon were real, it's be a wrap. I'm becoming the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause! LOL!