1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you see yourself in dreams?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KyleCats, Jul 4, 2014.

1. anonym

anonym Guest

I had a really unusual dream last night! I usually always dream in 1st person but this time, it was kind of switching between 1st and 3rd person because I saw myself in the dream and I was female. Weird. Woke up this morning feeling more female but now I've been awake a couple of hours, I'm back to normal.

2. Calix

Mostly dream in third person - but then most of my dreams are related to my stories and the scenes within them.

When I do dream as myself, I'm a guy. Usually shirtless with a nice, flat chest xD

3. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a very intriguing question!

Usually when I dream, the perspective is a mixture of 3rd and first person. It's like watching a film while simultaneously experiencing it from the point-of-view from one of the characters.

Before I finally accepted being Trans, in my dreams I would be a very androgynous female, and practically everyone would either think that I was a guy or they knew I was a female, but would still refer to me using male pronouns.

After accepting myself, the nature of my dreams have completely changed. I've had quite a few dreams where I am either in or have finished the transitioning process. I am very happy in dreams.

I just remembered, when I was a kid, in the majority of my dreams, I would be a male. There was a character that I created, who I would often become in my dreams. I think he symbolized all of the things that I was going through as well as, the things that I desired but didn't have since I wasn't cis.

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to dream in third person almost all the time, but now in most of my dreams I'm myself. Every once and a while I dream that I'm someone completely different. I can recall only a few dreams in which I was a boy.

5. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it's interesting that so many people say they dream in 3rd person. I can't think of a single dream I've ever had that was in third person.

Anyway, even though I am in first person in my dreams, there is usually no indication that I am one gender or the other. It is just me going about doing whatever without really thinking about or having a sense of my identity. Though I DID have a dream a week or two ago where I was male. It was a nice feeling when I woke up.

6. PaganPoetry

I only have dreams in first person, the most I see is just my arms and such......and I'm just me in my dreams...

7. SamThes

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes I dream as a version of me that passes, sometimes I dream as female, and sometimes I dream as just me. I'm usually really aware, even in my dreams, of being transgender, though. That still seems to be a recurring theme of my dreams.

8. the gypsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I see myself as I am.

I do not like it, but it is realistic.

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I only see myself every now and then in dreams. I am usually either a boy or a girl, but other times I'm more of a giant winged hippo.

10. Daroga

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I dream I find myself switching between first and third person. Sometimes I see myself exactly how I am, and other times I will see my male counterpart coming out. The other night I had this really complex dream where when I was in the third person I could see myself after transitioning, but when it switched back to first person I was my female self again. very odd.

11. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol, okay then... :lol:

12. Notsoshure

Exactly how it is for me.
    I always know who people are or what/who i am or like one specific detail. It's like i Can think while i'm dreaming, it's so weird. I'm often holding to one detail about something and it's just weird.

13. tone

I dream in both third person and first person but usually don't have a gender unless it's related to the dream. I usually am male when I notice and if I'm female I get dysphoric about it. I've had dreams where I realize my hair has grown long and I look feminine and it's just awful. But mostly I'm male.

14. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a girl, that's if I'm even present in the dream.

15. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hardly remember my dreams at all!

16. Christina Kay

Only time I ever saw myself in a dream.I picked up a piece of mirror off the floor, and I saw my reflection in a broken mirror, and then as I looked down . I had feminine hands, and was wearing a blue sweater. And this is not the body or gender I was born with.
    One of just 2 or 3 dreams that have not faded with time.

17. AlwaysUnsure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't remember many of my dreams, but in the midst of my depression and thinking about trans things, I had the weirdest dream where I was the third person and there was a bunch of old ladies playing cards around the table - I think I was one of them. This freaked me out and I couldn't really sleep after that.

I reckon I only dream in the third person, except for when I used to have nightmares as a kid, I was just being me.

18. ArthurOK

ArthurOK Guest

I see myself as a being. I am never addressed as a name or gender, and I am usually alone or on a one on one situation. I'm just kind of there. I have no limits or restrictions associated with my identity.