1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How often do you think about your gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by QuiteAlright, Jul 2, 2014.

1. paper planes

I think about it a lot, especially on Sundays when I'm expected to dress as a female. I try to distract myself from thinking about my gender though, since I tend to get really upset when I think about it.

2. AlwaysUnsure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I didn't really used to think about it much, I always knew I was a male, although with some feminine stereotypes - some of the music I listen to/appeals to me is clearly intended for females and then this leads me to think that what if I'm not actually a guy? It's weird, because I'm comfortable with my body and all it's bits.

Now I find myself thinking about it way too much, constantly judging myself and thinking "do guys do this?" "am i even a guy?" etc etc. It's both tiring and annoying.

3. Sabot Kitty

I try to not think about it, or I get sad.

4. hip2hop

Out Status:
    Some people
    I think about it a lot!!!!!!!! Being gender fluid I think about it in the morning, mid day and at night :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Lately, almost all the time

6. Sabot Kitty

7. JustJJx

Pretty much most of the time yeah :/

8. Humanoid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Everyday. I wish I could just start my transition right this moment.

9. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Usually I don't at all, it is the last thing on my mind.

But on the days I am dysphoric, I think about it quite a lot.
    Also, on any day I avoid looking in a full body mirror without a binder and clothes on. If I catch a glance of my female chest, I must look away quickly as it disgusts me and brings my mood down.

10. RobinHood

RobinHood Guest

Never. I'm a robot. I used to be annoyed by people who think I'm a beautiful young woman blah-blah. Now I just smile and ignore them, it works. People are there to bring us down but if you're smart enough, you won't let them affect the way you see yourself.

#50 RobinHood, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  11. DoctorWatson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't really know how to answer this question to be honest. I'm a cis male and I'm completely comfortable with my biological sex and identifying as a man. I dress in male clothes. I'm not very masculine and I'm not very feminine either. But it never actually occurs to me that I'm a guy. It's weird. Like when I do something that's apparently "stereotypically male" and someone says something like "well, it's because you're a guy," internally I'm just like "I am?"

Maybe my sexuality has something to do with it, but I feel like my genuine self has no gender. I'm just me.

So to answer your question, I guess I don't really think about my gender at all. It's just sort of there. Now that I think about it, it's like there's male and female versions of myself living inside of me and they each have an important part to play; I can't have one without the other.

#51 DoctorWatson, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  12. MissMook

I don't think about it too often, it's always been a part of me and my actions. I usually think about it whenever I get dressed though; formal male clothes feel very "bluh" to me and I sometimes wonder how I'd look in a cute skirt instead, or just look cute in general.

Other times, it's when I'm around women. I tend to feel more comfortable around women and open up more. However, there's always an awkward force I feel that reminds me I'm male and I tend to keep an arms distance away from any friendly physical contact, for fear that I may come off as being flirtatious or creepy instead.

And lastly, I want to collect tons of girly stuff! But of course most of that can't happen...

13. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These days, a lot. I know it was on my mind when I filled out an application to work at a horror attraction in town (missed my interview since I slept in my accident) and with other life issues. It kind of sucks.

14. Rauha

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think about my gender nearly everyday, or 6/7 days a week.
    I'm not even sure what gender I am..

15. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    More often than I should since I'm cis, but it really just upsets me when I listen to someone mention gender in a sexist way or when I'm in a bad mood(i have many bad thoughts while I'm angry or sad). It doesn't influence every single thing I do in my life, but it affects me in the way I dress, how I act in some circunstances and things of the sort.

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I dunno... Every time I go home and change. Every time I want to tell my parents that I'm female. All the time I wish I was born the opposite sex.

You know... like most of the time.

17. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    usually at least once a day. if i see a cute outfit or shoes, a really nice makeup job. i think i would like to look like that, or wear that when i dress. but mostly i just try to keep on keeping on, and figuring out when i can come out.