Do you prefer to be in a relationship or single?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JStevens96, May 12, 2014.

?

Do you prefer to be single or in a relationship?

1. Relationship

71 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. Single

34 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Emulator

Most probably single. I've seen a lot of relationships begin (and end), and while I know there are long-lasting relationships, there are also those that just die off. I won't close up to the idea of being in a relationship, but I will consider it before I jump into one.

2. BelleFromHell

#TeamForeverAlone [​IMG]

3. photoguy93

I've never had a true, real, good relationship (just stupid teenager crap mixed with the online world.) frankly, I'm fine with it. I see what it can do to people. For the life of me, I can't imagine forgetting who my friends are and becoming involved with just one person. I don't like that and don't want to. Relationships are a ton of work!
    (That's what I have to tell myself to not feel so bad. Haha.)

4. QueerQueen

Right now I'm single and it's actually pretty nice. I'm not over my ex and I still have a love for her, so right now I couldn't possibly be in a relationship with another girl if I love someone else. I've done it before and all I did was hurt a girl that I could have had a great friendship with. Although generally I would much rather be in a relationship, because I just love that feeling, and being close to somebody.. going on cute little dates, cuddling and all that jazz is something I think about a lot :slight_smile:

5. Marshal Andrew

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Single, but would love to have a child to raise, though.

6. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

In a relationship. I have so much love to give, I don't really know what to do with myself when I have no one to give it to. Building relationships is my primary means of interacting with humanity and is my real profession. Without it, I feel like a painter whom has had her brushes confiscated. :frowning2:

7. thekillingmoon

Seeing how I've been single all my life, I'd definitely prefer a relationship. Obviously with someone I'd like to be in a relationship with, not some random person.

8. CupidBoy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Relationship.

9. itsjess

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been single for all of my life minus one short relationship with a girl, and right now I'm totally contented. Me and my best friend of 4 years are very very close, so we both get all the benefits of a relationship without the stress or pressure, haha. We're not together but we may as well be 90% of the time.. With exams and the move to college coming up in a few months for me I don't think I could cope with a relationship right now, but who knows!

10. Cass

I love companionship, however of rather be single than with someone who dosent make me happy. So I guess it depends

11. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No idea...I had one relationship which didn't work well because I couldn't handle the circumstances of long distance, and I'm currently single and I hate it...so I can't choose!

12. Story Jinx

relationship.

I'm the kind who doesn't do good alone.

13. single.
    i do my own thing im pretty independent.

relationships get in my way lol i feel like i lose my freedom.
    if someone doesnt fit in and around my lifestyle, then nope. im pretty hard to be with lol. if i want to do something then i will, i wont care of they dont come with me i can go alone. my other half would have to understand i dont want to be iwth them 24/7 and that i dont want to see them 24/7. i want us to have our own lives but when we are together we are together, if that makes sense. i want us both to have our own identitys and hobbies but have stuff in common but dont lose who we are.... most of the people i encounter are very clingy and want to be with someone a lot, and want a relationship for the sake of having anyone/someone that doesnt do well with me. im busy with work and doing my own thing, i cant drop everything for one person....

single suits me much more, doesnt mean im lonely or alone because of it though. i meet many people and make friends if nothing comes out of any dates.

only ever had one serious relationship, it was good. but not the right one. at the start if it stayed that way it was pretty much the same happiness i got from being single.
    just need to meet the right person though.

wow i sound like an a$$ now hahaha.

14. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I prefer to be single. I love my freedom.. and, sometimes I take relationship as not important thing so, I have to make sure that I'm in love with a person I'm dating.

15. Tongue Flicker

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hands down, I'm guilty as a serial monogamist lol

16. awesomeness

Relationships are fun. It's always nice to have that special bond with someone.

17. sherlock

Out Status:
    A few people
    Single.
    Simply because, you know, I'm ace. I'm not wired for relationships and/or sex.

18. Story Jinx

But you're talking as if we lose our freedom when we're in a relationship :/

19. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

THIS SO MUCH.

I wouldn't mind a relationship if people weren't so damn clingy. I like companionship and relationships to some extent, but I don't want to be around someone 24/7. Even with "just friends" I see them just a few times a week. I need my space and alone time to do things I like. Some of my hobbies are my life (especially since I want to get work involving some of them) and if a partner is going to get jealous or make me drop it to spend more time with them, I'd pretty much dump them. Making me drop what I love to do just proves someone doesn't love me, they just love the idea of being in a relationship. And I need as you said "Someone who fits in and around my lifestyle" to be happy.

You're not an ass, or else I am too. I completely agree 100%