Your Fantasy Game Character Class

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Robert, May 4, 2014.

?

Which type of class do/would you like to play in fantasy type games?

1. Archer

8.6%
  2. Sneaky/Theif

21.9%
  3. Magical

47.6%
  4. Warrior (Weilding a sword etc)

21.9%
  1. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I out damage a tank as a white mage.

No. You do not spam some sword tech. You spam provoke and blind and kiss my ass references.

I heal you. The other two beat face.

The dynamic has never changed but people still don't learn.

A healer tanking works until... maybe 30% through the game. Then even leveled opponents damage outstrips the healing capacity of a healer vs their defense.

Rant over.

2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

This is why I prefer my Warrior over my Paladin, my War's 12k hp vs my Plds 7k, and it's a helluva lot easier tanking groups on War better crowd control

3. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

If my character can't use magic, I'm usually very dissapointed.

4. ThePhoenix

I love all of those it really just depends on each game and its fighting style, but my play style is usually run around and attack everything and that's why I usually go warrior.

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    True.

But I hate damn bards who use poison on sleeping adds that aren't being aoe provoked...

Don't make me heal 3x as much when I can just sleep the damn thing.

<--- Jaded healer... :dry:

6. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I asked for that since I took on the respnsibilty of all tanks. If spamming blind, silence, and such works in FF14, tell your tanks to do that. The decent ones will listen to you.

I was a stupid teammate when I was new... because I was a fish out of water. So I can sympathise with new players to an extent. If I want to play a style balanced between avoidance and counter-attacks, reversals; that's what I'll play. Attacking an enimy earns you aggro. When there's more than one enemy, I WILL almost awlays get them on my case. Some attacks kill ME in one hit. I am always willing to improve and I usually listen to feedback.

If I see one more person dive bomb into a boss, I'm going to strangle them! Maybe. I'm learning to accept that I cannot control everything. Video games have taught me life lessons and I'm sure many people can relate. Depending on the game, I might want to develop my social skills, leadership skills, or enjoy a difficult fight.

If video games cause you that much stress... please take a break. I say that as a hypocrite. I understand your frustration all too well. I am sorry if I gave people the wrong impression of tanking. They have to learn through trial and error. I could say that I stand there and hand out candy to the enimies. The effect would be the same. If they're serious about it, they'll learn about the role. Nobody should be causing their healers that much grief. Where would tanks be without healers? Dead.

7. Monika the Diva

I recently joined Final Fantasy 14. I joined up as a Lancer. I want to be bad ass like Kain in Final Fantasy 4 or like Barbara in Final Fantasy Dimensions.

8. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Yea, they need to slip the poison on quick before the blm or whm sleeps em :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. biggayguy

I generally played a Fighter/Thief in A D&D. My alignment was neutral or neutral/good. If I had a high intelligence roll I might play a Magic User.

10. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Not sure if you played with a smn in a dungeon yet but when played right the tank needs to be on their toes lol Bane is a hate drawer xD

11. Raikamaru

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't play FF14, but I usually play a Warrior in fantasy type games. What can I say, I like swords. Swords are cool.

Beating people over the head with a six foot sword (in a game) is really fun =^.~=

12. quicksplash

Out Status:
    Some people
    Warrior, b/c I have a habit of running into the battle. Also, guys in armor.... and swords.
    And thief/assasin, cuz they're cool,mysterious, and overall bad boy.
    What can I say? slash away and stab in the back work for me

13. Au.Quicksilver

Sneak/Theif/Berserker
    STaBB aLL THe BaCKS! iN THe FaCeS!

14. ohnobro

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Usually I end up as a theif/archer character, especially in Elder Scrolls games. Like in Oblivion I was a wood elf, for example. I can be sneaky and shoot arrows into people's faces without them knowing.

15. breathmints

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I usually go with healer type classes when available. If not, most of the time it is still a magical class. Though, I will do a close-ranged class if the long-range in that certain game is inconvenient. (I thought I wanted to be a magical class in FF: Crystal Chronicals but OH BOY was I WRONG.) Some games were just obviously built with magical classes as a second thought. A last second edit is basically made in the game to create a poor aiming system. (Like seriously, in FF:CC, you select your spell from a poorly crafted menu, then have to take your time lining up this little circle on the ground with your enemy. Most of the time it has a slow reaction time, so before you even get a chance to begin aiming, the enemy has already hit you.)
    Don't get me wrong, I love magical classes, but game developers for games really need to learn how to properly insert them into their games.
    Magical classes are just poorly built in so many games that I force myself into a close-ranged class just to avoid the developer's mistakes. I am very bad at close-range combat. Lots of games include blocking when it comes to close-range and I have the worst reaction time ever. I'm quickly regretting picking a magical-class in Skyrim. The attacks are weak and it isn't even really long-range. It's maybe a few feet in front of you? I really don't like to rely on close-range unless I must.
    Even though archers are on most games, they are also a pain in most games. Sure, it is realistic that you would lose arrows as an archer, but the fact that you would have to either keep traveling back to a town to buy more or craft your own is just annoying. In short, I prefer magical and other long-range classes when they're done right, but most of the time they just flat out aren't.

16. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I enjoy playing the mage, I love using my magic as a toy rather than a weapon.
    In fact, Malachite was my favorite sorcerer character

17. Alyssa'sTooCute

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Easily magical much flashier and the clothes look great.
    Magic it is!

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Make stuff go boom?

No love for healers?

19. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

In skyrim, I am all of those in the same playthrough

20. joshy the queen